Club reputation mechanics?

Hi SI and fellow forum members,

I have a direct question which I hope anyone will be able to give me a somewhat decent answer on,

How does the increase and decrease in club reputation work?

I have played four seasons with my AFC Wimbledon and my reputation went from 1500 to 3700, (1st BSS, 1st BSP, 1st CCL2, Playoff promotion CCL1, currently in CH). The problem is that I had a local reputation in CCL1, and regional in Championship with a stadium of 4600, this cause huge problems for my finances and I was considering if I should have stayed in CCL2/1 for a longer time gaining more reputation, money and bigger stadium.

Some more questions as follow ups to the main,

Winning competitions surely must give a relatively huge increase in reputation, but do clubs also gain an increase just by performing well in competitions?

Playing in higher leagues surely must increase reputation, is this increase in reputation fixed so that you gain a fixed amount when you enter after promotion, or does it slowly increase passively?

Example, I play Oxford United in BSP, I have a reputation of 1500, I gain promotion by winning the BSP, hence promotion for CCL2. For the sake of the example, assume that CCL2 clubs have a reputation of minimum 2000 and maximum 3000, do I instantly get 2000 rep or does it slowly increase?

This question is important because it would decide if it is worth staying in divisions instead of going for fast promotions, if reputation passively increases slowly for a quickly promoted club (BSS team finding itself in CCL1 with local reputation) then it might be worth staying down a few seasons.

Thank you for any possible replies,

/Matt

im not sure on this and can by no means give you a definite answer but i think you get a reputation increase at the end of the season where it takes into account last years league positon and cup runs etc. so in your first year in a new league you will be carrying the last leagues rep

I'm not from SI but I think going up(or atleast trying) every season makes more sense than staying in 3-4rd tier of football not just for rep but for financial benefits too. Performing well in competitions will surely give you rep or atleast stop it from decreasing but don't expect much unless you start winning things.

Archived