internet keeps turning of

my intrneet keeps turning of when i play football manager. when ever i am about to start a match it turns of and it was mainly because of the 3d pitch, i have now turned that of and it still does it

any suggestioins or help what i can do?

thanks

What do you mean by turning off? Does is die out, or does the connection switch itself off? When does it happen and are you sure it only happens when playing FM?

It doesn't sound very plausible. My guess would be your modem has suffered after a lightning strike, it can't handle the amount of connections your getting or the cable to your house can't handle the current speed you're receiving. Solution to all issues is call your ISP.

Don't have that same problem, but i've seen a significant decrease in my internet connection while playing FM09. If i'm downloading something i shouldn't play FM at the same time since the download time decreases. Not every time but very often. Browsing the web is slower as well while playing. Doesn't really matter if the game is processing or is idle.

Doesn't really bother me at all, but it happens very often. Why it happens, i really don't know. And i'm not even using half of my system resources.

Its not particularly uncommon for an app to cause a problem with sockets or the whole connection. I think you might post in the technical help forum and see if you can isolate the problem.

What is extremely unlikely is that its a hardware problem. If the internet goes down when using a particular piece of software, then it is likely software related. My first question would be: What kind of firewall are you using, if any? What kind of anti-virus and anti-spam? Try turning these off and then playing. If these are the problem, reconfigure them to not bother attacking FM09 and relaunch them, and then FM.

The chance that someone at the ISP will be able to walk you through even the above is like 1:10, so I'm not sure why people would suggest that either. There are plenty of tech savvy people on the FM forums. Ask in the technical help section if the above doesn't work for ya.

Don't have that same problem, but i've seen a significant decrease in my internet connection while playing FM09. If i'm downloading something i shouldn't play FM at the same time since the download time decreases. Not every time but very often. Browsing the web is slower as well while playing. Doesn't really matter if the game is processing or is idle.

Doesn't really bother me at all, but it happens very often. Why it happens, i really don't know. And i'm not even using half of my system resources.

I have noticed similar ..

I can only point the finger at the adware and snitchware they put in 09. :(

"Adware and snitchware" you refer to is unlikely to be a culprit in quite that sense - for one the 'snitchware' as far as I'm aware is only authentication and the ads in game is by far not unique to Football Manager - IGA is used for in game advertising in a lot of big titles - perhaps the rare thing is that SI so freely admit it. BUT, I can see how an attempted IGA connection could flag a firewall to block it, so perhaps check your firewalls log, see what it reports at the time of disconnection - it may require you to either ok or block FMs net access permanently to get rid of the problem.

Also it's always useful to check any logs you have available to you that could give you an explanation as to why - just 'it disconnects' - unless it's been encountered before - is gonna be hard to diagnose for anyone. The most important places to check are your firewall in case that is the culprit and in Event Viewer (control panel/administrative tools) if a network component has been shut down or caused to error at the time it'll show up in there. If you know roughly what time it happened last you should be able to see quite clearly in each whether there's anything relevant.

Archived