FOOTBALL MANAGER HANDHELDâ„¢ 2008 SET FOR CHRISTMAS RELEASE

• SI Staff

Take your managing skills on the road with the third iteration of the most realistic representation of the challenging world of football on PSP

LONDON (September 12th, 2007) – SEGA Europe Ltd. and Sports Interactive today announced that Football Manager Handheld™ 2008 for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system will be in stores before Christmas 2007. Football Manager Handheld™ 2008 will include a host of new features, which will enrich the portable management experience.

While a new skin and lay-out makes it easier to navigate for players, the addition of a reserve squad doubles the amount of squad members players can use. The player can now also customise their tactics and share them with their friends. The match engine has been optimised as well, meaning the player will spend more time playing and less time waiting.

“Once again, Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 raises the bar for handheld management games, with the team squeezing in as many feature requests from the community as were possible.†commented Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive. “When we first started on the quest for a real pick up and play football management game, we didn’t even believe ourselves that the game would be able to have the depth that is does, whilst still being so much fun to play in bite size chunks, or on long journeys and holidays.â€

With all-new features, greater accessibility, more teams to choose from and a depth only seen from Sports Interactive, Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 offers a management experience better than ever experienced before on a handheld console.

Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 for PSP is set for release before Christmas 2007. For further information please go to www.sigames.com or the completely re-vamped www.footballmanager.net website. For all SEGA assets please visit www.sega-press.com

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

Take your managing skills on the road with the third iteration of the most realistic representation of the challenging world of football on PSP

LONDON (September 12th, 2007) – SEGA Europe Ltd. and Sports Interactive today announced that Football Manager Handheld™ 2008 for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system will be in stores before Christmas 2007. Football Manager Handheld™ 2008 will include a host of new features, which will enrich the portable management experience.

While a new skin and lay-out makes it easier to navigate for players, the addition of a reserve squad doubles the amount of squad members players can use. The player can now also customise their tactics and share them with their friends. The match engine has been optimised as well, meaning the player will spend more time playing and less time waiting.

“Once again, Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 raises the bar for handheld management games, with the team squeezing in as many feature requests from the community as were possible.†commented Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive. “When we first started on the quest for a real pick up and play football management game, we didn’t even believe ourselves that the game would be able to have the depth that is does, whilst still being so much fun to play in bite size chunks, or on long journeys and holidays.â€

With all-new features, greater accessibility, more teams to choose from and a depth only seen from Sports Interactive, Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 offers a management experience better than ever experienced before on a handheld console.

Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 for PSP is set for release before Christmas 2007. For further information please go to www.sigames.com or the completely re-vamped www.footballmanager.net website. For all SEGA assets please visit www.sega-press.com

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jerleat:

TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Double standards are where someone says that you should do do one thing and does another.

(there you go we aim to please - I've talked about double standards for you icon_wink.gif )

More seriously if you'd care to explain further I'd be happy to discuss whatever has upset you.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cutterschoice:

This looks like a massive improvement over 2007, got my new psp coming tomorrow I hope really can't wait for FMH08 bigger squad sizes will be amazing, I do have one question, what about how many years you can play for is it still going to be 30? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still going to have a 30 season limit - mainly because it feels fairly realistic and we didn't get many requests to extend it ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cutterschoice:

This looks like a massive improvement over 2007, got my new psp coming tomorrow I hope really can't wait for FMH08 bigger squad sizes will be amazing, I do have one question, what about how many years you can play for is it still going to be 30? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still going to have a 30 season limit - mainly because it feels fairly realistic and we didn't get many requests to extend it ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess thirty isn't to bad, thanks for the reply, at least there's going to be alot more depth in the game, so should be alot more enjoyable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danny.harv:

Why is it only thirty??? Good news btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it took me 20 seasons to get a second job. 30 is nothing really. But I know it's the console makers who want their 'game over' point!

Yes, you can play it whilst loafing about on the sofa in front of the TV! icon_smile.gif

Will the national under 21 sides now be listed even if not playable? Currently we only know if a player is an under 21 if it's in a news items.

Also will it be harder for the Premiership to buy half of Brazil and Argentina? The constant supply of wonderkids is used as a money exploit by many. Buy 'em for a million at 18 then sell them for £20m at 21.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russ99:

Forget some of these posters, this is really great news and an awesome Xmas Present! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks SI

Can't wait until more is revealed... !

One other thing, will there be US availability this year or will I need to order through England again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, would you like to be a mod?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

are you still unable to make tactical changes throughout the game?

Or am i getting that mixed up with the Mobile phone version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what version you're mixing it up with to be honest (not an FM game) - you can make tactical changes and edit tactics etc. ...

(and reposition players on the pitch, save tactics and give them to friends etc. ala the PC game with the new version icon_biggrin.gif)

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrging:

Any chance that you can use wifi to play with someone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can - but only in one off matches to prove who has the better team (or who is the better manager) at present.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

(and reposition players on the pitch, save tactics and give them to friends etc. ala the PC game with the new version icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to see this is finally in.

Any word on how detailed it is? Comparable to CM3 (albeit without the wibble/wobble)?

Actually, wouldn't that then just be comparable to PC FM? icon_biggrin.gif Minus a few tactical instructions, really, although I've never really complained too much about what's there in previous Handhelds.

Also, it's a long shot but is there any additional support for the extra RAM in the Slim & Lite model? I don't even know if it's possible for devs to use it, to be honest, and it might be too soon even if you could.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrging:

Any chance that you can use wifi to play with someone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can - but only in one off matches to prove who has the better team (or who is the better manager) at present. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are we ever going to see that in the PC version?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamadinho:

when does FM 08 come out on PC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to guess at before Christmas like previously stated by SI. icon_biggrin.gif

Been playing CM from day one. I got a bit tired of the time the later ones took up so I got a PSP when FMH07 came out. I absolutely love it and now 08 looks like it has everything I wanted. I can't wait to get it. Well done and thanks.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Has the editor been updated/changed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The editor will be updated and available for download in advance of the games release (and include the new facilities for editing managers)..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Nah, jerleat just likes to prove how cool he is by spamming up every SI sticky thread until one of the mods comes in and cleans it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jerleat:

No thread titles all in caps thx? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Perhaps its you that wants to be a mod Jerleat? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps it is my life's work dayle wood? :MOLEEYES:

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebo_loyal:

can we assign squad numbers this time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No to be honest few people requested it for the handheld version and imho it'd slow the game play down a little for minimal gain (so unless a lot of people request it it'll stay out for now).

Archived