I give up

I am tired of beeing cheated by FM.

If you manage a lower league team you can't gain money and the very few occasions you luckily manage to have a bunch of bucks selling players, no one wanna join you despiting tripling their salaries, the only ones that come are weak players. If you look into other states the work permit stops you.

If you try to train your players hard for years they will never improve, they simply follow a predefined route for that, useless and valid for younsters only.

No way to improve ? no chance to leave the league you are playing on, so I give up.

Thanks for the help into this forum, I'm gonna try Fifa Manager 2009, dunno how it is, really,maybe better maybe worst.

cheers

You need to look for those hidden gems, the players that have fallen out of favor and are languishing in the reserves. Try getting some good players in on loan and getting an FA cup run in. Just don't go to Fifa Manager, that game is such a load of pony.

Sorry to hear it Grep. I too had a real tough time enjoying the game until I figured out that nothing matters more than mentalities in formations and that literally determines if you win or lose maybe 60-70% of the time. After that, setting up 5 tactics for every scenario and giving up all hope of imposing my game (irrespective of my class or form) but instead just playing whatever counters the AI's formation/approach, I won everything pretty easily.

In fact I did it with no money and crap players in Sweden and now Switzerland just to prove its the mentalities and not the players ..

Much has been said about all of this and I'm also finding that training is less influential as it was in 07. However, I feel its better this way as in older versions of CM/FM you could train players up to their max PA too easily, resulting in your average championship players pwning everyone and facilitating that 'five successive promotions with the same players' dullness.

FM is flawed, in many ways, but its always a challenge for a few weeks until you suss the way they who designed it think. Then its actually fun, because you can put tactics to bed entirely and just focus on building your squads and progressing - like in 07.

If you want some help with tactics and advise on how to play that way PM me. :)

Do hope you come back after the next patch .. and for FM10 .. as I feel FM 09 is just a transitionary release and doesn't really reflect a finished game at all. In many ways they just had to do this and its growing pains. :thup:

If you manage a lower league team you can't gain money and the very few occasions you luckily manage to have a bunch of bucks selling players, no one wanna join you despiting tripling their salaries, the only ones that come are weak players. If you look into other states the work permit stops you.

If you try to train your players hard for years they will never improve, they simply follow a predefined route for that, useless and valid for younsters only.

No way to improve ? no chance to leave the league you are playing on, so I give up.

Thanks for the help into this forum, I'm gonna try Fifa Manager 2009, dunno how it is, really,maybe better maybe worst.

cheers

Winners never quit & quitters never win.

Ok.

Following your inputs in particular les girondins' and #9Dream's ones after reaching the Paint Trophy final and and after reaching play off eventually loosing both I decided anyway to stay in the game.

I realized , also thanks to you , that is a coward behaviour to escape when things goes wrong.

I am still here to fight like the first day !

....and I want to climb it by my own without helps. thanks anyway for your encouraging words

It was a moment of difficulty

cheers

-

Ok.

Following your inputs in particular les girondins' and #9Dream's ones after reaching the Paint Trophy final and and after reaching play off eventually loosing both I decided anyway to stay in the game.

I realized , also thanks to you , that is a coward behaviour to escape when things goes wrong.

I am still here to fight like the first day !

....and I want to climb it by my own without helps. thanks anyway for your encouraging words

It was a moment of difficulty

cheers

-

That's the spirit. We've all been at that moment where everything seems to be caving in but it's getting out of it and progressing on to better things that softens those moments.

If you can make that small last step to success then that will attract better players.

Try and arrange pre-season friendlies against bigger teams to make money. If you befriend a big name manager then you may even get a friendly against Premiership teams.

If you sell a player to a bigger club then try and get as many clauses as you can, especially sell on clauses. If you add a 40% clause, or more, to a sale and his future club sell him for a lot then you're into a pay day.

Adding in a friendly clause is another avenue to look at. They have no choice to accept your friendly offer then. Get in early in pre-season to avoid them not being available on the day of your choice.

As for getting players, well I think your best avenue is the trialist matches. From the fact that you mentioned the paintpot trophy and the playoffs then I would ascertain that you are in league 1 or 2, so there will be ample players good enough for you there.

Finally, boost your ranks with loan signings. As Bournemouth manager I put a few good words Ol' Harry's way and he let me have the likes of Charlie Daniels on loan for the season. Managerial friendships, through the media, often pave the way for a lot of good things.

If you manage a lower league team you can't gain money and the very few occasions you luckily manage to have a bunch of bucks selling players, no one wanna join you despiting tripling their salaries, the only ones that come are weak players.

cheers

Thats Wrong because i am managing Newcastle and i signed Robbie Keane

I was struggling to get results with just around most clubs i have been but someone in this forum told me to go onto the Sheffield United Project, which i did.

i ended up beating R. Madrid away in the Champions League 1-2 , setting up my tactics took about 1hr but it was well worth it.

if you take your time to read it , and you know how football really works then that thread should really help ;)

if you would like the link just ask ;)

Yeah at a Lower League Side, like I am now, the only ways to keep out of the red are a couple of things, which I tried. No one would buy my players unless they were free, and releasing unwanted players doesn't help. A couple of things have saved me from the red. A board takeover where 57k was pumped into the bank, no transfer money though, and currently being in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup.

cheers

I think there might be a few Real Life manager's in the Blue Square leagues feeling exactly the same way - it's a hard life being a lower league football manager......................................

Archived