Rebuilding squads.

Just how do you do it?

I took over Real Betis after leaving Blackburn early 2009 after they wanted me to stave off relegation.

I did so in style with 5 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats with 11 games to go.

I've torn the side that was riddled with poor players with big pay packers!

Theres always a danger of the squad not gelling etc. Which lead me to ask is there an ideal way on revamping a squad or is it just a case of cashing in without mercy?

I read a post on here a few days ago that I thought was a good idea, the suggestion was every pre-season take a look at your squad and look to sell the three worst performers in your team and replace them with three players of a higher quality. This way you could have a whole new first 11 in 4 seasons in theory and you shouldn't be bringing in too many new players all at the same time.

I read a post on here a few days ago that I thought was a good idea, the suggestion was every pre-season take a look at your squad and look to sell the three worst performers in your team and replace them with three players of a higher quality. This way you could have a whole new first 11 in 4 seasons in theory and you shouldn't be bringing in too many new players all at the same time.

IRL how many managers would be given 4 years to overhaul a team. The board will probably not be happy with mid-table mediocrity, Betis are quite a big club.

The above is a great way to keep a 'good' squad 'good' but I doubt it would be effective for a 'poor' squad. I think you just need to take the plunge sell and buy, play at least 7 or 8 friendlies and hope they gell within the first few months of the season.

Also stick to a simple tactical structure.

The above is a great way to keep a 'good' squad 'good' but I doubt it would be effective for a 'poor' squad

that is a good point, I should have added that I have only been able to test this idea out with my Man U team in 2015.

I think Kiwityke probs has the right idea with keep it simple tactically and get as many non-competative matches under your belt as possible. Also I find when I'm going through a dip in form that encouraging team talks and positve responses in press conferences can also help the squads morale a fair bit.

I think I depends on what players you buy (to some extend).

For instance if you buy players with Influence that are experienced in whatever league your playing in, they will lead the new batch to gel in quickly together, and in no time you have the team playing as though they've been at it together ever since the schoolyard. These players are hard to find, but it's something that I've tried and tested and has always worked great (although I will admit I'm haven't got as chance to try it with 09 yet, I will with Man City in a while though). I call it the ''Gary Speed effect''.

Of course - look to keep players who have been at the club a while (homegrown if possible), in the squad for at least a season (even only as backup players) - and then after that season you can sell them and look at other options to add depth to your team.

i have taken over notts county who are in league two all the players were rubbish so i sold/relesed all of them. the board took all the transfer money becaue the club was in debt so i decide to look at unattached players i signed some players who are good enough to play in league 1 and some players who are good enough to play in the championship. i signed about 20 players and they have all gelled really quickly. i have played 10 games now and i am top of league 2 by 7 points and have only lost 2 games.

Archived