Static Value

Right, here's what's happened:

I'm playing as Nottingham Forest, on FM 08. In July I sign Bogdan Stancu in a 3m pound deal.

ATM I'm in December, and he's scored 32 goals in 23 games for me, which is phenomenal! He's also top scorer in the league, as you'd expect with already breaching the 30 goal mark before the year ends.

Now, I look at his value thinking it must have shot up by now, yet it hasn't. It's still 3m, which TBH I don't understand.

It's also happened with a couple of my other players. Kalouda was signed for 3m, has got 9 goals so far in the league, highest assists and average rating in the league yet his value has dropped to 375k!

Please could somebody tell me why this has happened, and how I could get my player's values up?

Cheers:thup:

The players value is always set at what you have bought him for originally. I believe it then starts levelling out to a real value dependent on the players quality and the league you are in etc.

I'm sure someone will readily correct me when I'm wrong though!

It was buggy in 9.1.

I was top of the League 1 and there were dozens of clubs constantly badgering me to buy my players for 50k or 60k which, the moment I secured promotion, became worth 2 or 3 mill+.

Looks like more of the same in 9.2 ..

Something isn't right because the transfer module only seems to be working 'realistically' at lower league clubs right now where players change hands for 0 - 250k. Top Tier transfers don't seem to be happening quite right; in terms of sums offered and accepted and the number of player registration movements. Is this maybe related to the player rep. bug we saw with youngsters and the tweak that was made to resolve it having a cascade effect on the transfer module?

But don't forget a players value is only what someone is willing to pay so I imagine it would be a market value.

I think its the other way round; its what you are willing to accept. Also player values should always be tied to their CA and their contract. Anything above and beyond that is arbitrary and although the game largely does a good job of guestimating player worth based on ability, it does have this annoying niggle whereby a good team gets relegated and their values are wiped out by the 'auto balance to league' script or whatever they do to make 'levels' of worth within tiers of football. Which isn't always terribly realistic ..

I think its the other way round; its what you are willing to accept. Also player values should always be tied to their CA and their contract. Anything above and beyond that is arbitrary and although the game largely does a good job of guestimating player worth based on ability, it does have this annoying niggle whereby a good team gets relegated and their values are wiped out by the 'auto balance to league' script or whatever they do to make 'levels' of worth within tiers of football. Which isn't always terribly realistic ..

Well you could look at it both ways I suppose. What teams are willing to pay and what the selling team will accept.

But I think it's pefectly accceptable for the game to value players in lower leagues for less. An example would be Michael Kightly's transfer from Grays to Wolves. About £20,000 I think. Now if he was a Championship player at that time you could easily expect to pay 20 or 30 times that much at least.

This is really confusing.

Just finished the season, and after Daryl Murphy got 43 goals this season, in a late 20 goal flurry in the last 3 months, his value jumped from 300k to 1.1m, and rightly so.

But Stancu has got 64 goals this season, and his value has dropped to 2.3m from 3m:confused:

And Wilshere scored 2 goals against Blackburn in the LC, followd it up with a hat-trick in League 1 in the next match and his value went from 8k to 850k.

WTF?!

Stancu is worth 2.3 million now - so that is probably his "correct" value. All it then means is that you paying 3 million was you paying over the odds for him! The others have changed to their "correct" value too.

What was his official valuation at the club that you bought him from? Less than 3 mill I'm sure! :D

Archived