Languages/localized versions question

Hello there, I tried asking in the Steam thread (about the Steam version, obviously, but the question is pretty much the same, so why not ask here as well!) but with no luck. Anyway it's just a minor thing, so here goes:

There is a localized version of FM 2009 available in the Czech Republic. Thing is, I don't want a translated game. I would get the game from abroad but to be honest I simply don't know of a good place where to buy it and which doesn't charge huge bucks. Oh and doesn't take months delivering the goods.

Now I have read or heard mixed reports about the language issue. Some of them saying that there is a very simple solution. That is, getting the translated game from a local store, and replace/add the English language files. Sounds reasonable enough so I guess what I'm asking is – will this work?

Also I mentioned the Steam version in the first paragraph. What language version will I get should I decide to get the game through Steam? Is it the default English one? Or does it depend on the PC language settings? Or possibly my actual location?

I would prefer getting the retail game. Simply because I like the warm and fuzzy feeling of having a box. But I do use Steam with a couple of other games, and if the downloaded version would happen to be in English, then I'd be fine with it.

It doesn't matter what version you get, you'll be able to play it in any language you want. Even if it didn't include the language you want to play it in, you just need to ask us for the appropriate language file (i.e.: english.ltc) and once you copy it into the data/languages folder, you'll have it available in the preferences menu.

I'll be glad to provide you with the file if you need to ;)

Archived