Regens Question...

First of all sorry if this is in the wrong place, and/or has been asked and answered before.

First of all, on CM08, the bit I loved best was finding what quality players were retiring that season (E.g. Maldini, Cafu) and then looking for their regens in the new season. This is because in CM most players would have their own regen, who would have the same height, weight, nationality/ies, and would play for a random team from that players nationality (E.g. Maldini's would play in Italy), but would have a different name. They would always be 15/16, and be born 16 years before the current year (at the start of the season).

This is the first time I've played FM in years, so what I want to know.. is this the same in FM? Do players have their own regens? Or are regens completely random?

I had another question but I've forgotten it now. :o

Cheers.

they are random, correctly called FRED's, whereas the maldini's etc are true regens, it's just that FRED's still get called regens to complicate things

So when players retire, do they still have regens, like the way I describe above?

Or are ALL regens 'FRED's'? (Btw, what does FRED stand for?)

Fred doesn't stand for anything. SI just needed a name, and that one's as good as any other :). All Regens are freds now - players retire from the game, and new players are generated to replace them, but it's not a one-to-one direct replacement.

When players retire, a new player is automatically generated to replace him. But this player could be the complete opposite to the one that retires, so it is not like CM in that respect.

That is a regen.

Then players that are generated at the start of every season depending on the country they're in, they're called newgens but are most popularly known as regens so as to not confuse people.

Hope that helped:thup:

Also, what's the best way to scout for regens?

Since I feel I can pretty much spot star players all on my own, once I'm in a top league I just have scouts either roaming or to regions I require, with the instruction to only scout players under 21 years old. Most new players appear between 15-17, but some top teams in non-active leagues have players appear at 19-20.

Archived