Can I learn italian?

Hello!

I have just taken over and italian club and i only speak english but i presume after a few months i will learn italian? As of yet (3 months in) no sign of italiano....So was wondering...also if i can learn can i also lose it if i go back to england for a few years?

havent been abroad on 09 (im rushden and diamonds manager so the top clubs on the continent arent exactly beating a path to my door) but im sure i learned languages on 08, so would imagine you can do it on 09. If you learn the language fluently, you wont lose it but i think you can lose it if you only pick up a baic grasp of it. I'm happy to be corrected however if any one knows something different

I picked up language in just under a year of managing in Italy, TBH I'm still unsure if it's of any use in FM unless it aids in signing players & staff that share the language.

havent been abroad on 09 (im rushden and diamonds manager so the top clubs on the continent arent exactly beating a path to my door) but im sure i learned languages on 08' date=' so would imagine you can do it on 09. If you learn the language fluently, you wont lose it but i think you can lose it if you only pick up a baic grasp of it. I'm happy to be corrected however if any one knows something different[/quote']

Hey, Chelsea came beating at my door ;)

but thats probably because FM thinks i have 43 England caps and 10 goals.

Don't think you lose it, not in my experience anyway. I would imagine it must help in some way in the game but not sure how/why, not really noticed any difference tbh, maybe players will be more willing to play for a manger who speaks the same language or summat, or settle in better if you speak the same language???

Hey, Chelsea came beating at my door ;)

but thats probably because FM thinks i have 43 England caps and 10 goals

FM thinks I have 75 caps and 18 goals for Scotland and what did I get....sacked from Blackburn before the end of the first season. Who came knocking on my door? ADO Den Haag.:mad::thdn:

im not sure about managers but it is very important for players to learn the language especially goalkeepers as their comunication stats are pretty much useless unless they can speak the language.

in answer to your question i think you will start to learn it the longer you're there but in three months i'd expect you to have at least basic.

I've had a manager pick up German after managing Werder, so it's possible. It depends on the language too, some are easier to pick up than others. It's a stat in the editor I think.

I got the job at Rodengo Saiano Calcio in Italy after managing Montrose for 2 seasons. I learnt basic italian after 3 months and full italian after 6 months in charge

I think it is useful to have languages as it helps attract players who othersie may not come and aids getting a top job in a country

I think if you don't learn it, you struggle to communicate with your players due to the language barrier, so it might just inspire them to better results, make them happier, etc.

Also, how do you set it so you have so many international caps?

i think that it would be a good addition that when you dont know a language in a country your press conferences should be in the language of the country u are in. at least for the first few weeks / months til u learn the language. could actually help to learn some languages IRL if ur picking it up on fm

i think that it would be a good addition that when you dont know a language in a country your press conferences should be in the language of the country u are in. at least for the first few weeks / months til u learn the language. could actually help to learn some languages IRL if ur picking it up on fm

Can't you just change the language settings to the new country you are in?

Behave yourself

Archived