why can't i loan anyone?

ok, having just stopped my game in 2018 which i started on patch 9.1 and continued it on 9.2, i've now started a new game and for the life of me can't loan anyone unless i pay a hefty (unaffordable) initial fee, this has never been the case in any of the other fm series. Am i just unlucky or is the norm now? if it is i'm going back to 9.1 because along with this and the keystone cop defending has made it ridiculously tough to manage lower leage!

I found that it was mostly the aged 26+ players that I normally had to pay an inital fee to loan. Possibly because the club was gaining nothing out of it, as had it been a youth player they would gain the development the loan would bring to the player therefore not charging an initial fee.

Is it happening to young players, or mainly older decent players?

It's got to the stage it's not worth loaning anyone. Plus, you try to do the same with charging fees and you are nowhere near as successful.

I wouldn't mind but if you get to the end of the loan deal and they are not interested in joining the club then you feel ripped off.

Archived