easiest cup run ever

I've just won the FA Cup with Newcastle on my second attempt at a new game.

My first new game results were 1st season EPL 9th/Cups terrible, 2nd season - EPL 14th mid-season and sacked!

My second new game results were 1st season EPL 10th/Cups pretty bad, 2nd season EPL 3rd/FA Cup winners!

Having messed around with player instructions and stuff in the first game attempt and not so much in the second game attempt, It seems to me that the best idea is just to keep things simple tactics-wise.

But I definitely had the easiest FA Cup run I've ever seen in any FM game (and I've played all of them):

3rd Rnd - Norwich (CH) 4-0

4th Rnd - Accrington (L2) 3-0

5th Rnd - Sheff Wed (CH) 2-0

QF - Charlton (CH) 1-1

QF Replay - Charlton (CH) p0-0 (I just knew before kick-off in the first match that it would go to a replay and penalties!)

SF - Rotherham (L2) - 1-0 (Rotherham had previously beaten Man Utd and Arsenal, so my assistant manager's "only complacency should deny you victory" comment fell on deaf ears)

Final - Everton (Prem) - p0-0 (Had a horrible feeling that this would go to penalties too)

Anyone else had a cup run this easy?

I'm loving this game now (as you do when you find success!). Can't wait to hopefully compete with the big boys in the European Cup, or at least drop into the UEFA Cup and possibly have a chance of winning it! And the match engine (I don't mind the bugs) really does make the matches so much more fun and interesting in my opinion.

Any cup run that includes Wednesday can be classed as easy: especially when it includes the Millers (Sheffield's #2 team after the mighty Blades of course!) as well.

'tis true, our recent cup pedigree is not good. Still, any cup run featuring the blunts would probably be more annoying than anything, they'd probably claim half your team should've been cup tied and end up sueing you so you wouldn't find out who won the cup for a year or two ;) And going back on topic - so that's what it would take for Newcastle to win something!

Archived