Question about RAM...

Hi, not knowing too much about computers etc I thought I'd ask a quick question about how RAM affects playing Football Manager 09....

Basically I have a Toshiba Satellite P20-504 which has a Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz (Data Bus Speed: 800 MHz) and at the moment I have 768KB (512 + 256) of RAM.

Obviously the only thing here I can increase is my RAM so was thinking of buying 1GB of RAM to add to 512KB (unfortunately only 2 slots) which would increase it to 1.5ish GB.

Anyone know whether this would speed up the game or what affect it might have (if any!).

Many thanks.....

2GB of ram will be enough. If you have >2 GB then you really need to know why you have it. I currently have 4GB of Ram, but my computer multitasks a lot. I currently have 9 programs running, all using a fair amount of my Ram.

(Playing FM08 and FM09 at the same time FTW :D )

I upgraded today from 1GB to 3GB bought the 2GB from PCWORLD from £30.00 will be going back next week to buy another 2GB to make 4GB as i only have 2 slot's in my laptop and then i will be selling my 1GB of ram. Only thing i gotta say is mate is if it is a laptop and you bought it less than a year ago you will need to buy a DDR2 if it is more than a year old you need a DDR1 Hope this helps (:

Archived