Hi, I'm playing as Nottingham Forest on FM 08.

They have a reputation of around 5250.

Now, this is the 2nd highest in League 1 and around halfway in the Championship.

ATM I can't get very good players to join me, and understandably so.

However I'm top of the league, in the 3rd round of the League Cup.

When will my reputation start increasing?

Hypothetically speaking, say I win every game that I play this season, including cups, what would my reputation rise to and what sort of players could I attract?

Basically, how many reputation points do I get for accomplishing certain goals?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers:thup:

Thanks for the reply, I knew that it would start increasing but how much points for each thing I do, like winning a cup, and how many points till I can attract better players than what I have already?

Thanks for the reply, I knew that it would start increasing but how much points for each thing I do, like winning a cup, and how many points till I can attract better players than what I have already?

I don't know but I do know that in FM09 Aston Villa's reputation at the start is something like 6200 so I don't think you have to do to much, just get them promoted and you should have a decent enough reputation by then.

you do get points from advancing in cup competitions but don't excpect a lot unless you end up winning them, main thing is to do well in league, get yourself promoted, secure your league status and then start pushing for Uefa Cup/CL spot

How? 6000 isn't a lot in the premiership, it's probably around 16/17th.

The 700 points increase is definitely a lot. But take in account that Im comparing with the other leagues.

I know that the English league is the most "powerful" in the game but I won the Portuguese league and the UEFA Cup with Benfica and my club's rep was 8073... And do you know Benfica's initial rep? 8150.. So if I won the Portuguese league and the UEFA Cup 5 straight times, Benfica's rep would be National in the end of those 5 years! (National = lower than 7500). Sporting lost 218 rep for finishing 3rd (from 8000 to 7782) and Porto lost 205 (8300 -> 8095) after finishing 2nd and reaching CL's Q-Finals...

Also happens in other leagues where other clubs lose their Continental reputation quite easily. (in my game only Bayern has Continental rep in Germany after 18 months...)

And now what bothers me is that Bolton finished 17th in the Prem, bought 1 crappy player, crashed out of the FA Cup vs Barnsley in the 2nd round (or 3rd...) and crashed out of Carling in the first round they played. Now can you imagine what happened to their rep? Raised from 6500 to 6603 just because they avoided relegation?!

Doesnt this sound a little strange to you? ;)

You could've just searched in the editor, like I did:

Arsenal 8800

Aston Villa 6850

Blackburn 6150

Birmingham 6750

Bolton 6700

Chelsea 9200

Derby 5750

Everton 7000

Fulham 6050

Liverpool 8850

Man City 6850