Do you Discipline?

I've noticed not many people punish their players for things in the game.

If a player gets sent off I warn him, sent off and injured a player he gets fined a weeks wages.

If a player doesn't turn up for training I fine him a weeks wages (I like to be strict on that cause if you warn they just go ahead and do it again)

I also sometimes warn a player if he keeps going to the media to get attention so he can play in the first team. Twice in one season and he gets fined, does it again and he gets 2 weeks fine and slapped on the transfer list/offered to clubs.

Anyone else do similar?

Do you find it changes players dirtyness or likelyness to dive into tackles and things like that?

I've had to fine my captain a few times for flying into tackles and nearly killing a guy once. Player was out for 6 to 8 months with some muscle problem so i fined him, 3 weeks later he gets sent off again! Players seemed to like him so i think he took the Roy Keane roll...

Same as baker.simon.

If it's a bad sending off though, I will usually up the punishment. If they miss training, I fine them straight off if they miss it again two weeks. If they do it a 3rd time, I transfer list them.

Do you find it changes players dirtyness or likelyness to dive into tackles and things like that?

I've had to fine my captain a few times for flying into tackles and nearly killing a guy once. Player was out for 6 to 8 months with some muscle problem so i fined him, 3 weeks later he gets sent off again! Players seemed to like him so i think he took the Roy Keane roll...

Like i said, i have no discipline problems. At the minute I'm 29 games into a premier league season, only had 26 bookings and no reds. Top of the league too! I guess the thought of losing money hit footballers where it really hurts.

I rule with a fist of iron. The rod wasn't working.

If my players do anything unprofessional (training, red card, whatever), fine them. Second strike sees them offered to clubs.

I expect complete and utter loyalty and professionalism. Anything else is severly punished. If it was possible to neuter them I would.

VB

I only warn players if they are sent off by 2 yellow cards, anything else then, for the 1st Red card they get a week fine the 2nd, they get 2 weeks.

I'm a harsh barstuard!

1 Week fine for a poor rating, if it happens again then 2 weeks.

Wonder if we will ever have players causing GBH and affray and be missing for matches due to court case or even end up jailed and unavailable etc?!?!?!?! :o

End of the day its happening more and more (allegedly) what with the likes of Bowyer, smith, Gerrard, Barton and Evra etc for various non football related incidents, it could be a rare thing that they have incorporated then you have to deal with either showing support for the player or no support and how you re-introduce them to the team etc, after all say stevie G got jailed for a year/s (god I hope not) and Liverpool loose a key player with no compensations whilst top of the league do they end up replacing and forget about him/fine/release if contract ran out during this time ?!??

Archived