9.3.0 must fixes and additions

imo at the LEAST, 9.3 should:

1. update squads/transfers and edits to player stats (eg. skrtel/agger being fairly poor in the air, babel being slow)

2. fix man city's finances/transfers so they dont buy and sell ridiculously cos it makes the game TOO easy in terms of getting money from city as a small or big club (whether this be by reducing city's finances or fixing the engine: personally i'd like to see a PROPER fix rather than lowering hughes's frequency of buys because that means if other clubs get rich, the same problem will occur later in the game!)

3. fix amc ratings

4. fix transfer AI in terms of buying young players then not playing them and selling them on the cheap (big clubs are perfect examples).

5. fix the well-known "bojan bug".. no i don't mean fix bojan. i mean fix it for ALL wonderkids/good to potentially amazing young players who ALL seem to get dumped by their clubs. it might be understandable if they have dreadful form + massive injuries + the teams manager/scouts/coaches have crap judging capabilities... but surely to not every decent wonderkid. very very poor from si to see that one slip through because even in fm2007 this didnt occur!

6. make clubs transfer polcies for clubs invest in YOUTH also... seriously within 5-10 seasons, clubs like liverpool+chelsea have VERY old players and no one to step up... simply unrealistic because it wouldnt happen IRL and ruins the longitivity of the game because after a few seasons, its TOO easy.

7. "One bug that needs fixing is in Spain, where your assman signs rubbish players on huge contracts. I am playing as Getafe and the assman has signed 11 players on 15k a week for the B team thats a huge chunk of my wage bill on free players that he signs. Even when the option of not letting him control contracts is used it still happens. Personally its the most annoying bug for me out of everything."

8. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=87225 - brill that superwonderkids in the game but make it a tad more realistic? less 19s/20s, regen them at younger ages.

regen improvments:

1. regens - more mixed foot ones or include method to raise a players footy accuracy easily (training option?)

2. regens - its BRILLIANT that young regens are coming in who are like messi in terms of stat proggression. however, i think it'd be nice to see these youngsters come in at age 18 as opposed to 21... so that managers have a chance to scout and try and grab them whilst they're younger.

IMO these are the MINIMUM ammount of fixes which should be made. most are about the AI investments/transfer policies. if these are addressed, i will be VERY happy and content with fm2009 until 2010 is released. oh and plz do intensive beta testing (i.e. in the future). i dont know who si's current testers are but they miss A LOT A LOT A LOT in terms of unrealistic transfers and some players being overpowered (how did arsenal+veloso even make it into 9.0 or 9.1???).

any other points ppl want to add?

editted in some!

yes, basically to compile them together to see how much actually has to be fixed in the next patch.

i'll be so dissapointed if some stuff doesn't get fixed from that list because i think most of the points made in the first post detract HEAVILY from making the game challenging in short term (man city giving u money) and long term (ease of buying wonderkids, big clubs not investing).

therefore maybe making a thread compling them together might give SI a clear picture if they don't already have one or miss one :p.

Some of these belong in the data issues forum, if you believe them to be issues. Also, I think Arsenal's researcher has done a pretty good job, my personal opinion is that it just so happens that teams of Arsenal's style and approach do well in the FM09 ME.

I'd agree though that MC ratings and youth policies could benefit from a small tweak.

Thanks for your feedback. In future though, bug reports should go here: Football Manager 2009 Bugs Forum as separate threads providing it hasn't already been covered (use the search function in there to check).

For issues with teams and player attributes, this: Football Manager 2009 Data Issuesis the place to raise them. In there you get a chance to put forward your case to the researchers who are responsible for the data.

Thanks

sorry about putting it in the wrong forum. im just trying to make a general thread to highlight the key issues which are affecting many if not all users.

one of the reasons i didnt put them in teach forum is because they've already been addressed individually. i just hope SI realise that they should prioritise certain fixes over others. as a loyal fan, i understand they cant fix EVERY single bug/minor problem. i just hope they're fixing the important ones which will help us last until fm2010 :D. i think the ones i've mentioned are very very key to everyone enjoying the game a lot more. i wouldn't mind a beta patch released to keep us going if they can promise a patch with all the fixes by early march.

One bug that desperately needs sorting out is if i make a sub after 75mins, the player who comes on has NO rating so i cant really give him an accurate teamtalk for his performance!!!

Also, i am England manager yet i can NOT send any of my club scouts to the European Champoinships....

sorry about putting it in the wrong forum. im just trying to make a general thread to highlight the key issues which are affecting many if not all users.

one of the reasons i didnt put them in teach forum is because they've already been addressed individually. i just hope SI realise that they should prioritise certain fixes over others. as a loyal fan, i understand they cant fix EVERY single bug/minor problem. i just hope they're fixing the important ones which will help us last until fm2010 :D. i think the ones i've mentioned are very very key to everyone enjoying the game a lot more. i wouldn't mind a beta patch released to keep us going if they can promise a patch with all the fixes by early march.

I think issues to do with player behaviour and AI in the ME are far more important than 'fixing' stuff like player ratings for Liverpool. :D You can do that on your own with the editor if you feel they're not high enough.

One bug that desperately needs sorting out is if i make a sub after 75mins, the player who comes on has NO rating so i cant really give him an accurate teamtalk for his performance!!!

That is not a bug, it is purposeful. It is so players brought on late who have not had a chance to make a significant influence on the game don't get punished with low ratings.

Some of these belong in the data issues forum, if you believe them to be issues. Also, I think Arsenal's researcher has done a pretty good job, my personal opinion is that it just so happens that teams of Arsenal's style and approach do well in the FM09 ME.

Don't agree at all. I've just completed my 1st season on FM2009 and it was 9.2 and Arsenal won the treble and went unbeaten in the league. It's an absolute joke. Reading on here a bit I was expecting them to do better then IRL but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. Would be a shame if they didn't sort it out.

"I think issues to do with player behaviour and AI in the ME are far more important than 'fixing' stuff like player ratings for Liverpool. You can do that on your own with the editor if you feel they're not high enough."

lol agreed. it was just an exmple. not just liverpool but yes also not important. its just si usually do this with a jan update neway so its all good. :) i was tryna highlight some players need fixing. especially players in italy (overrated) but w/e, i doubt it'll be fixed cos SI need to assign a team who examine ALL the DB after they've been compiled to assess them and make sure they're judged against the same criteria.

"One bug that desperately needs sorting out is if i make a sub after 75mins, the player who comes on has NO rating so i cant really give him an accurate teamtalk for his performance!!!"

they get a rating if they do something. otherwise you end up with players who will have 5.5 avg rating when its not rly deserved cos they never got a chance. its to stop underseved low ratings due to sub apps. its a good addition like irl.

i have confidence in SI to fix everything for some reason :S. i just hope they get some intensive beta testers of transfers, check the longetivity and challenge of the game AND they make sure to review the DB to fix some overrated players. also fixing lil fixes like how easy/hard it is to get on favored personnel would be nice... but very minor given february is only month away and bigger issues need fixing.

Don't agree at all. I've just completed my 1st season on FM2009 and it was 9.2 and Arsenal won the treble and went unbeaten in the league. It's an absolute joke. Reading on here a bit I was expecting them to do better then IRL but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. Would be a shame if they didn't sort it out.

On the contrary, 2nd season in and Arsenal are 17th with 9 games to go!

One bug that needs fixing is in Spain, where your assman signs rubbish players on huge contracts. I am playing as Getafe and the assman has signed 11 players on 15k a week for the B team thats a huge chunk of my wage bill on free players that he signs. Even when the option of not letting him control contracts is used it still happens. Personally its the most annoying bug for me out of everything.

oh yes that bug too! i heard it makes managing in spain financially unviable

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=87225 looks a lil worrying.

brilliant that quality regens coming out but their stats shouldn't be THAT good. too many 19s/20s.. maybe SI can look at increasing frequency of more regens using both feet or atleast kind of being able to use 2 feet for 930.

I bet they close this thread.

Looks like you was wrong!

One thing that's annoying me is the fact you can't send players out on loan or at least, in my game, it's extremely rare.

One player in 6 seasons ( not including feeder clubs) it's only just come to my attention as I'm now bringing through top quality or wonderkids and want them to get first team football at a decent standard.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

I presume that's not Hull City? You were doing so well there until you said 'with city', that must have taken some doing! It's sad when bad things happen to good posts.

Go and tell Mark Hughes that. :)

Please post your results of City games at the Emirates, I'm interested to see how well you have done. ;)

And if Arsenal are so "superhuman", surely I'd have no chance of even getting a point? Please grow up before posting your reply.

Go and tell Mark Hughes that. :)

Please post your results of City games at the Emirates, I'm interested to see how well you have done. ;)

And if Arsenal are so "superhuman", surely I'd have no chance of even getting a point? Please grow up before posting your reply.

Ha, ha, you don't get it do you. That's the whole point, it's a good deal easier to get a decent result at the Emirates when you're playing as Man City with their enormous financial resources than it is playing as almost any other team in the premiership. Yes, Arsenal are good, but it's no great shakes to go to the Eimrates playing as Man City and get a draw when you've got an enormous fortune to buy up the best players out there. Try going ti the Emirates managing Hull or Stoke, then you can boast about getting a draw there.

No you are missing the point, apparently Arsenal are overpowered, if that is case how can anyone get a result there?

Just because Man City are given a fortune, doesnt mean everybody uses it, I have brought a first team DL and 2 players under 20, not exactly buying up the best players is it. :)

Also, I wouldnt count saying "I managed a draw" as boasting either.

No you are missing the point, apparently Arsenal are overpowered, if that is case how can anyone get a result there?

Just because Man City are given a fortune, doesnt mean everybody uses it, I have brought a first team DL and 2 players under 20, not exactly buying up the best players is it. :)

Also, I wouldnt count saying "I managed a draw" as boasting either.

Ok, so go there and do it with Stoke and Hull then.

lol.

hm just did a longterm game with hull city and big teams hardly ever buy young until its too late. kinda sad really to see the managers are sooo dumb as to not invest in the future. wouldn't happen irl. :| frustrates me LOADS cos i've put hardwork into my team to make them good but i dont really have much of a challenge cos the AI hasnt tried to strengthen. :(

Just had to play Arsenal away in the 30th league game of the season with 4 first team players and 3 that would have been on the bench away on int duty, including my first choice keeper. With only 4 points between the 2 teams surely such an important game should be moved due to int. call ups.

plz do intensive beta testing (i.e. in the future). i dont know who si's current testers are but they miss A LOT A LOT A LOT in terms of unrealistic transfers and some players being overpowered (how did arsenal+veloso even make it into 9.0 or 9.1???).

any other points ppl want to add?

If you really have a problem with this then why not apply to become a beta tester yourself? See the sticky at the top of the forum for info about how to do this.

Actually the absolutely critical issue is that the freezing bug that some people experience on Vista machines with dual/tri/quad core machines is the most pressing as it actually stops the game from working.

I havent heard of or experienced this bug, have you got a thread, or more info on this?

lol.

hm just did a longterm game with hull city and big teams hardly ever buy young until its too late. kinda sad really to see the managers are sooo dumb as to not invest in the future. wouldn't happen irl. :| frustrates me LOADS cos i've put hardwork into my team to make them good but i dont really have much of a challenge cos the AI hasnt tried to strengthen. :(

I'm really really really really annoyed that this is still an issue. In older versions this was always a big hinderence to long-term games, but by the final patch of 07 it looked like it was on the way to being sorted out. Can't believe this has re-surfaced as an issue again, as, like you say, it makes long-term games pointless.

I'm really really really really annoyed that this is still an issue. In older versions this was always a big hinderence to long-term games, but by the final patch of 07 it looked like it was on the way to being sorted out. Can't believe this has re-surfaced as an issue again, as, like you say, it makes long-term games pointless.

agreed . im actually thinking about digging FM2007 out. idk if i threw it away :(. i need to track down the latest 07 patch too then have some fun times :D.

its SO dissapointing atm. if they dont fix this, i might just quit FM. the whole point of FM for me is a long term CHALLENGE. otherwise i'd just play PES/FIFA which are slightly more immersive.

agreed . im actually thinking about digging FM2007 out. idk if i threw it away :(. i need to track down the latest 07 patch too then have some fun times :D.

its SO dissapointing atm. if they dont fix this, i might just quit FM. the whole point of FM for me is a long term CHALLENGE. otherwise i'd just play PES/FIFA which are slightly more immersive.

Exactly, a decent long-term career save is the entire point of the game for many, possibly even the majority of users, so for something as fundamental as this to not be working properly again really beggars belief.

i want to be able to make the players runs in any directions and to any position like fifa 08. the one thing i hate about fm09.

what is the bojan bug?

and slightly, well very off topic but what is the eccentricity mean for the goal keepers?

Bojan Bug = teams released wonderkids on free transfers

Eccentricity - think Fabian Barthez - if your keepr has high eccentricity, the keeper is more likely to do eccentric things like run miles out of the goal to tackle a defender...that kind of thing.

Archived