Press Conference Questions

Just thought I'd show a bit of initiative here and open a thread that we could submit press conference questions and possible answers to the questions.

Please keep the questions appropriate and within the games limits.

Also if possible add possible effects it could have on the team etc.

And hopefully this will help SI out

"You sit here as manager of team X after managing 1000 games with them, how do you feel?"

That could be a good one after the thread a few threads down.

Yeah good keep em coming

And also post in what situations these questions should come about in

I enquired as to whether it was possible to edit the press conference questions, and it's not really possible for us to do it yet.

However, I'm sure SI would love suggestions :)

Bear in mind though that the answer structure is quite strict - very positive, positive, neutral, negative, very negative... For suggestions to be useful, I'd guess that they need to stick to that format :thup:

I enquired as to whether it was possible to edit the press conference questions, and it's not really possible for us to do it yet.

However, I'm sure SI would love suggestions :)

Bear in mind though that the answer structure is quite strict - very positive, positive, neutral, negative, very negative... For suggestions to be useful, I'd guess that they need to stick to that format :thup:

Yep thats cool, thats why i mentioned in the limits of the game;)

When attending a match as the current manager of England(any national team)

"Can you tell the press your reasons for attending the match today/tonight"

You could also add is there any particular player you are looking at? Then provide a drop down menu

When attending a match as the current manager of England(any national team)

"Can you tell the press your reasons for attending the match today/tonight"

I disagree. This doesn't happen IRL anyway.

They don't face an organised press conference just for attending a game.

True but maybe later on like, You were seen attending the Villa v Tottenham game earlier this week was there a particular reason behind this?

I think me and 4457 have had this discussion before if memory serves me correctly. I agree that it doesn't happen (much) in real life, but for gaming purposes, it would add an extra dimension to what is very poor media interaction at national team level.

"There have been reports of a falling out between you and <your player>, is this true?"

"One of your players has been accused of bottling a dj at a nightclub over the weekend, will you discipline him for this?"

"There are rumours you are to appear in celebrity big brother this year, is there any chance of that happening?"

Ok, it's silly, but you do get some light hearted questions at real press conferences and it would be good to break up the monotony of it all!

They might have these already but i'm yet to see one but if you were asked about job offers or your interest in other jobs.

Say "The MK Dons manager position has just opened and you are running favourite to take the job, what are you opinions?"

* I would seriously consider any offer (Upsets Board + Players and the Team offers you the job)

* I have not been contacted by MK Dons but I would consider any offer (Upsets board but they try to keep you by offering larger budget perhaps)

* I do not wish to discuss this (No change)

* I have not been contacted by MK Dons and am not interested at this moment in time (Pleases board but job may be offered anyway)

* I have no intention of leaving my club (Pleases board and boosts confidence)

Answers are hard to define for that type of question tho so who knows if it would work lol

They might have these already but i'm yet to see one but if you were asked about job offers or your interest in other jobs.

Say "The MK Dons manager position has just opened and you are running favourite to take the job, what are you opinions?"

* I would seriously consider any offer (Upsets Board + Players and the Team offers you the job)

* I have not been contacted by MK Dons but I would consider any offer (Upsets board but they try to keep you by offering larger budget perhaps)

* I do not wish to discuss this (No change)

* I have not been contacted by MK Dons and am not interested at this moment in time (Pleases board but job may be offered anyway)

* I have no intention of leaving my club (Pleases board and boosts confidence)

Answers are hard to define for that type of question tho so who knows if it would work lol

Good don't think this sort has been included:thup:

But I honestly didn't think this thread would become dead lol

Another suggestion for press conferences would be to remove things such 'on the (date) you said .....(your response on that date).

This would add more realism to the game as no real manager has what he said earlier to help him, it should be up to us as managers to remember this. Also viewing history of press conferences should be removed for similar reasons mentioned above.

Do I make a fair point?

First point yes, second no. There's always going to be a tape or newspaper record IRL, and this is how I view the press conference history.

True if it wasn't removed it wouldn't bother me but are there any advantages to using it?

For a rivals match

"your striker 'player x' was injured in a fierce tackle by oppositions cb player y the last time the two teams met, will you consider resting player x for fear of retribution and a possible sending off

possible answers; definately (result, player trains even harder to convince you he's irreplacable or player becomes demotivated, may start missing training, unsettling other players etc)

It's possible, but unlikely (result, less severe version of above)

No chance he's irreplacable (result, Player's training performence changes depending on personality, possibly becomes complacent assuming he'll play every week etc).

For a rivals match

"your striker 'player x' was injured in a fierce tackle by oppositions cb player y the last time the two teams met, will you consider resting player x for fear of retribution and a possible sending off

possible answers; definately (result, player trains even harder to convince you he's irreplacable or player becomes demotivated, may start missing training, unsettling other players etc)

It's possible, but unlikely (result, less severe version of above)

No chance he's irreplacable (result, Player's training performence changes depending on personality, possibly becomes complacent assuming he'll play every week etc).

Nice that would definitely work

I thought of a question but need help with answers and effects loll

SITUATION: Just moved club.

You sit here as the new manager of ............ will you adopt your playing style from your previous club.

I came up with a response

-No definitely not I am going to work to the players advantages noy my own

Can't think of no more lol

You sit here as the new manager of ............ will you adopt your playing style from your previous club.

Potential answer: Of Course I am. I will force the players to follow my tactics

Not a whole room but one or two journalists. It's happens a lot. Even if it didn't it would still be a good addition.

Can hardly call this a Press Conference.

For international management.

Why did you select player X

- He is having a great season

- He is on good form

- Not going to comment on my squad selection

- Going to try this unproved player out during the next games

- Giving rest to the star players for the upcoming friendlies

Or something like this...

- He is on good form

Yeah nice one keep 'em coming:thup:

- He is on good form

Half the 'press conferences' in the game are attended by just one or two journalists though, so I think it's just a blanket term SI have used for both big sit-down affairs and one or two hacks cornering the manager. And as a journalist myself, I can tell you that most 'press conferences' are just the one or two-person affairs. Think of the post-match interviews on Match of the Day for example.

I've had press conference's before where there has only been one person there. It's wierd but it happens already in the game. However I think it would be better if it was mentioned in your next press conferenc (i.e. pre-match).

"Player X reportedly didn't turn up for training earlier this week. Will the club consider disciplining him?"

Answers-

Yes, he has already been disciplined. I will not tolerate behaviour like this.

I have given him a formal warning and I maintain hope he will not do it again.

I would rather not talk about this.

Nothing has been done at the moment.

I will not be taking any action against the player. He is clearly unhappy here and I would like to get to the root of the problem instead of fining him.

"Reports in the paper suggest you are under pressure from the board because the club is under-achieving. What is your reaction to this?"

Answers-

I am seriously worried about my job andthings don't look like changing anytime soon.

I understand that the team haven't been performing well of late but I hope I can turn that around soon and get the board and the fans back on my side.

I am not going to discuss this.

I don't believe I am under immense pressure and the board are giving me time to turn it around.

The board are totally behind me and there is no way I will be losing my job.

I've had press conference's before where there has only been one person there. It's wierd but it happens already in the game. However I think it would be better if it was mentioned in your next press conferenc (i.e. pre-match).

"Player X reportedly didn't turn up for training earlier this week. Will the club consider disciplining him?"

Answers-

I will not be taking any action against the player. He is clearly unhappy here and I would like to get to the root of the problem instead of fining him.

"Reports in the paper suggest you are under pressure from the board because the club is under-achieving. What is your reaction to this?"

Answers-

I am seriously worried about my job andthings don't look like changing anytime soon.

I understand that the team haven't been performing well of late but I hope I can turn that around soon and get the board and the fans back on my side.

I don't believe I am under immense pressure and the board are giving me time to turn it around.

I thought of a similar one to this but couldn't get the wording right

Background : The manager has just moved clubs.

Question : Do you plan to raid your former club during the transfer window?

Answers : Very positive

positive

neutral

negative

Very negative.

if yes then : Which players?

Answer : List of players.

------------------

Background : One of your players hands in a transfer request.

Question : X is believed to have handed in a transfer request this week. Will he play for your team again this season

positive

neutral

negative

Very negative.

Another question: Have you had any contact from other managers about X (Also could be used when manager offers a player to clubs)

positive

neutral

negative

Very negative

'You sit here, almost unknown throughout the country, whilst speculation is mounting that you aren't experienced enough, and may be looking for a job in the near future. Do you think you have what it takes to be a manager in the Premier League?'

Answers:

1. If I thought I wasn't good enough, would I be here now? (Gives player some confidence)

2. Despite my lack of experience, I believe I can bring some exciting times to this club. (makes older, more traditional players unsure of what to expect/ makes Young, adventurous players pleased to have you as manager)

3. I don't wish to speculate over my future... I've only just got here. (No impact)

4. I realise that I have come here, with not much experience, and so I will need to prepare for the worst. (Makes the board unsure of whether they have the right man. Makes the players lose confidence)

5. I have made it known to the board that I only expect to be here for a short time. (The players morale drops, and their training falls drastically.)

This, as you may have guessed, would be used in a Joe Kinnear-like situation.

If your experience is Sunday/Semi-Pro, you're asked questions like this.

I think there should be hundreds of new questions added or at least let the players be able to make their own.. why should every question have to have a knock on effect? it would be much more enjoyable just answering random questions and not every single one having an effect on something

david22, why don't you propose some of the "hundreds of questions" you think should be added considering that's what the thread is for...

I'd post something but I haven't played enough to see all the questions so I'll probably end up doing something already in there...

I think there should be hundreds of new questions added or at least let the players be able to make their own.. why should every question have to have a knock on effect? it would be much more enjoyable just answering random questions and not every single one having an effect on something

It actually would be good to have atleast some questions that have no effect on the team and if u've got some questions add them:thup:

Something else you can be asked in your new job is soimething like....

'You seem to be a bit short of backroom staff. Will you be approaching anyone from your old club to join you?'. I thought this would be good since a lot of managers seem to take the staff from their old clubs to their new one.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

How do you think the departure of "player name" will affect the team?

Do you think your team can beat your former club?

Questions have been asked of "player name's" performances for the club, do you think he should be doing better?

What position do you feel you need to strengthen this window?

How soon do you think "youngster name" will break in to the first team?

Are you bothered about what "manager name" said about you/your team?

Who do you think is "opposing team's" star man?

Are you happy with your Champions League/Europa League group?

All I have for now :)

Answers-

Answers-

Steve Kean's saying this every week, it's like he thinks that if he says it often enough it'll be true :lol:

Archived