i need help big time

Im having trouble with football manager, i've only had the game for a few days and it was working fine, and then yesterday as I went to play a match, I had some error messages come up.

XML parsing error!

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of highlights.xml

and

XML parsing error!

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml

These errors came up twice in a row. What I dont understand is that the other day I was able to play the matches, now I cannot

please help!

Known issues/FAQs thread:

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

i just done all that but when i clicked ok another message comes up saying:

Problem with shortcut

the name "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path file and file name are correct.

Archived