Consequences of the "missing reserve league" issue?

Im a victim of the bug that causes the reserve league to never be created. This seems to mean that all clubs in England (where I currently am managing) wont be able to play their reserve team except for friendly games.

I always only start one career on each FM-release so I dont want to restart my career just to solve this issue, but since Im unsure of what the consequences are for not playing the reserve team I still havent decided on what to do.

So, thats my question to everyone: what are the consequences of not having a working reserve league? Will that give English clubs a disadvantage compared to other countries (I know Sweden for example have a working reserve league)? Will English youths progress in a slower rate since they cant get match experience in the reserves? Are there any workarounds?

I can think of some ways to ease the problem, and that is to create friendly games during the whole season and loan the reserve players to other clubs. However, I doubt that the AI will think of that which makes it somewhat unfair.

Your thoughts on this issue are highly appreciated!

Reserve league going missing? I've heard reports but never actually seen it. Can I ask what actually happens? Is it in the game at first but just disappears?

Im sorry, I realize that I was misleading in the original post. What I mean is that I am missing the reserve league, it has never been created and has never existed in my savegame. I dont know what exactly happens, but I (as a manager) notices it when I dont get any invitations to the reserve league like I do with the U18 league. Then you cant scout the reserve league (like you can with the U18 league), and no English team seem to play more than about 4-5 games/year with their reserve squad. That last sentence is an assumption though, I havent looked through all English teams :).

Apparently the league should be created when you start your savegame, but something must have gone wrong in my case and it is not possible to fix in a patch. Thats about as much as I know of it, though I would love to know more if anyone have more information.

what leagues did you load from the English options?

Ive started a couple of games and have always the reserve option for myself. I did notice a post about the french reserves but that had something to do with the lowest league selected.

I loaded all leagues in England, right down to Blue Square North/South. Are you saying that selecting the lowest league in a country will cause the reserve league to fail (at least in the 9.0.0 version, I assume it have been patched by now)?

Have you had a look in the bugs forum to see if its been raised in there at all?

Yes, I have looked in the bugs forum and found the following post which I feel is identical to my problem:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=85932

Unfortunaly the issue cannot be fixed in the savegame (according to the response I got) so I got two options: either start over and gain Reserve league or continue without Reserve league. That is why Im trying to understand what the consequences are if I decide to continue.

I see, Now I do remeber something about the issue having read that thread. I think player development shouldnt be affected to much as players dont tend to progress in the reserve team too much development wise.

Only work round I can think of is to get as many feeder clubs as your board will allow and loan out your promising youth players to them. List every player as availbe for loan and offer to all clubs. Time consuming I know but could be worthwhile in the long run. And you can have your scouts compile match reports so you can track the progress of these players?

I think player development shouldnt be affected to much as players dont tend to progress in the reserve team too much development wise.

Does this mean that the reserve league is only good if you want to maintain your players match fitness? How did you come to that conclusion about the players not developing that much in the reserve team? Is that a known fact or something you assume? Im just curious, thats all :).

Archived