Attendance against rivals -problem

I'm playing Indonesian 2nd league with PSP Padang, and have really low attendances, average about 700. Biggest rival from the same town, Semen Padang, play their home games on the same stadium (capacity 15000). Their average attendance is about 13000.

Now, I have a home game against them, and the attendance is only 9120. Surely the game against biggest rivals should have an attendance of at least 13000, since the stadium is the home stadium for BOTH teams.

Not a big deal though, since I'd guess that FM just doesn't care about the teams being from the same town and having the same stadium. So it just gives a bigger attendance for me, since I'm playing home against rivals.

• SI Staff

The game does consider both rivalries and teams being from the same town when calculating the attendances. However, in some cases the general interest/importance of the match also adjust the attendance factors which counteracts the effect from the rivalry. I can have a look at the specific teams to see how the calculations for these teams work, as this might be a special case since the teams also share the stadium, so probably more "away" fans would need to consider the match just like a home match and turn up.

Surprised no one has popped in and made fun of the team name yet.

Being from the region I can guarantee (it's been on the tele here) that you should be getting more fans than that when Padang are involved.

Archived