saved game transfer

Hi all i hope i have posted in thr right area. I got a new laptop for christmas and after installing fm 09 on it i tried to transfer my saved game from mu old laptop but it dosent seem to work. Is there any way to get it to work or must i start again?

What do you mean it doesn't work? What does it say?

Are you running the same version on both laptops i.e. if you played the game on 9.2 then you need to have 9.2 installed on your new laptop?

That could be my problemi was palying on 9.1 but on the new laptop its 9.2. I got a message saying dataset could by found the game is now using the default data set.

You would need 9.1 and 9.2 installed on your new laptop, because the databases are different. You're going to have to uninstall everything from the new laptop, then install the game again, update with 9.1 and then update with 9.2 because your save is searching for a 9.1 database that isn't available on your laptop.

Have you ever compeltely removed FM before? Do you need a hand? It isn't as simple as uninstalling it.

Ok well, make a backup of everything you need e.g. tactics, saved game etc and save it on your desktop.

1. Uninstall FM09 from add/remove.

2. Delete the My Docs - Si Games - FM09 folder.

3. Reinstall FM09.

4. Install 9.1.

5. Install 9.2.

6. Add your edited database.

Hopefully that will sort it out.

Archived