Ultimatum = automatic sack button??

Has anyone being granted what they demanded for after issuing an ultimatum WITHOUT getting the sack because I reckon no matter how successful you are as a manager, if you issue an ultimatum you're getting going to get the sack the very next day.

A couple of times in 08 it worked. Tried to use it twice so far and got sacked both times, even though i have guided Wolves to the top of the premiership. I just exited and started from an earlier save! I took it as a final warning and wont do it again.

Worked for me in FM05. Was my first season ahead of Kidderminster, but I had World Class rep after managing Chelsea.

I wanted a bigger transfer budget. The board refused, I issued an ultimatum and voila! Improved transfer budget (not that it matters that much in a BSP side :D)

Nope. I had it work once on FM07. I rejected a move at a club, and the board said that they would forget about what just happened. Lol.

In my opinion, this feature is almost as pointless as FM08's complaining about the ref and linesmen. If you are right, you get **** all out of it, if you're wrong, you get a nice ban.

In this, it's simply ultimate and be sacked. Simple as. Hopefully SI will increase the rate of success in ultimatiums in FM10.

It worked for me... back on 01/02. I had taken Billericay up from the Conference to the Premier League, and was filling in the expanded to 15,000 New Lodge every week. I issued an ultimatum for an increase. The board responsed that because of everything I had done for the club they were prepared to overlook my outburst this once.

Two weeks later I got another message saying that supporter power had led them to increase the stadium to 18,500.

By the time my save had died, it had increased further to 23,500.

it would be good if "fan pressure" could force the board to reverse their decision to sack you and bring you back

yea - because that always works in real life too... just ask kevin keegan.

ive never managed to get what i wanted, but ive only been asked to resign, never been sacked outright.

Has worked for me in the past but lets face it, how many managers in the real game could survive giving the board an ultimatum? I can only think of two, Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger. Can't think anyone else would get away with it, as much as Rafa is loved by the Liverpool fans not sure he would survive an ultimatum. So I think its fairly accurate in the game to be honest. I have used it in the past when I didn't want my loyalty to drop by moving jobs. If a better job is out there , give your board an ultimatum, get sacked and take the better job ;-)

Im a Liverpool fan and it would depend on what Rafa was asking for tbh. Its unfortunatley not the right time to be asking for a new stadium but I think if he said to the board I think we can win the prem but I need 20 million for x y and z players, we would back him 100%. We only neeed to loose 1 or 2 Key players to long injury/other unforseen problems and we are going to start to struggle in the league.

But yeah most managers would get the boot IRL for standing up against the board IMO

I hate it when you issue one, you're sacked, but the fans say they agree with you. WTF?! The bord would listen to the fans

Like I said to the guy who said they should bring him back - ask kevin keegan about that.

I cant think of a single time the board actually listened to the fans. FM is totally realistic in this effect.

Has worked for me in the past but lets face it, how many managers in the real game could survive giving the board an ultimatum? I can only think of two, Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger. Can't think anyone else would get away with it, as much as Rafa is loved by the Liverpool fans not sure he would survive an ultimatum. So I think its fairly accurate in the game to be honest. I have used it in the past when I didn't want my loyalty to drop by moving jobs. If a better job is out there , give your board an ultimatum, get sacked and take the better job ;-)

Well, how would you know? I'm sure there has been quite a few ultimatums over the past year in the managing industry. We're not going to know wether it was a reason the manager was sacked, or the reason why say, the stadium was expanded, because a club is never going to come out with a statement sayings something like 'Ince asked, then told us to give us more money so we could be more successful in the transfer market, however, we disagreed and now he's not our manager' or 'We are proud to announce that Chelsea's new stadium, Stanleyford Bridge, was made because our manager demanded it' because it isn't setting a good example for their club in the future. The first example would lead to managers staying away from the job because of the board being too tight on making decisions, while the second would lead to that manager or a new one thinking he could easily take advantage of the board.

Archived