Starting FM 2009 Problem - Steam

Hey,

I have installed Football Manager 2009 with no problems, downloaded all the necessary requirement and updated all of steam, the only thing left for me to do is press Launch at the bottom right corner of steam, and football manager doesn't load up.

Why isn't the game loading?

Hey,

I have installed Football Manager 2009 with no problems, downloaded all the necessary requirement and updated all of steam, the only thing left for me to do is press Launch at the bottom right corner of steam, and football manager doesn't load up.

Why isn't the game loading?

Hello mate,

I am having the exact same problem. Have got both steam and football manager 2009 installed without an issue. Have opened the game and nothing happens. No warning message or anything.

I am trying to run mine on a Toshiba NB100 netbook with the following spec 1.60 GHz and 1GB Ram. All of which appears to meet the minimum requirements.

Have you found a solution to your problem yet? I've even tried uninstalling etc but doesn't make any difference.

Any help would be great!!

Cheers

• 4 months later...

I am having the exact same problems.

Steam/Football Manager both are fully updated, but whenever I try and launch the game nothing happens. If I bring up taskmanager it shows that fm.exe is running, but where exactly I couldn't work out for the life of me. Doesn't matter how long I wait/uninstall-reinstall/reboot.

If I try clicking it again it says 'Error - Football Manager 2009 Already Running'

Er... really? :(

Very frustrating, especially considering that the demo worked fine.

I have the same problem right now, but when I open the task manager the fm shows up for like 3 seconds and then disappears again.

Does anyone know what to do to make it work?

Archived