cannot start a game!!!

I cannot seem to start a game. Every time I start a new game it takes ages to work its way through and then as it gets about halfway through the finding manager targets the game freezes and comes up saying not responding. Does anyone know why?

I cannot seem to start a game. Every time I start a new game it takes ages to work its way through and then as it gets about halfway through the finding manager targets the game freezes and comes up saying not responding. Does anyone know why?

What are your system specs, and how many leagues are you trying to run?

I dont think its an editing problem, I had the same as Pete where the game will show as not responding if you run in windowed mode and then switch windows. It will load eventually it just looks like its stopped. Having said that I set the game to run in compatabilty for XP and it doesnt do it anymore.

I haven't been changing windows, I've just left it to load. It was working but I made slight changes to database and saved it under a different name and now it isn't working. However, it wont even let me start a game with the 9.2 patch database.

Vista....I had a game running with the 9.2 patch and then made slight changes to increase players loyalty as my Villa players were tting annoyed cos I was rejecting bids from big teams even though I finished fourth and qualified champions league!!!

I have done that and it worked but I selected the wrong database and now its not working with my edited database!!! When it goes to the black screen and says not responding, should it eventually work again or should I just close it down and try again?

I have done that and it worked but I selected the wrong database and now its not working with my edited database!!! When it goes to the black screen and says not responding, should it eventually work again or should I just close it down and try again?

If you have a slow machine with Vista it might be the case that Vista is reporting the game not responding while it is procecssing.

Try leaving it for a while (for example, start a game then go have dinner or something) and come back in a little while and see if it's fnished setting the game up.

Also might be worth trying with the minimal number of leagues selected to see if it starts any quicker.

Archived