Home grown players problem - help needed!!

I am in the UEFA Cup with Artgyle, and my Ass Man has advised that of a squad of 25 players, 4 must have been trained at my club for 3 years i.e homegrown (HG).

My current HG players = 0!!!

So, as it's impossible for me to train them at my club for 3 years over the course off pre-season, do I -

a) Put some 20 yr old youth players in the squad

or can I

b) Buy young HG English talent?

Cheers

Your going to have to use your youth players as at least 4 have to trained by the club for 3 years between 15 and 21. Buying them wont satisfy that criteria but it will for grown in England. Have a good look at the players before you buy them to make sure your gonna satisfy the criteria.

Can't you holiday past the registration date, and then the game will register some "greys" for you?

*something like that

Looks like I'll have to do that, will be registering soon - if I do it tonight I will let you guys know....

Wont work because you have to register 4 HG players - and he currently has none.

On 07 you could not register more than 21 players if you had no trained at club players but at least 4 trained in nation and 17 if you didn't even have a single trained at nation one.

Haven't tried in 08 or 09 though.

On 07 you could not register more than 21 players if you had no trained at club players but at least 4 trained in nation and 17 if you didn't even have a single trained at nation one.

Haven't tried in 08 or 09 though.

I don't know whether it actually stops you in 09, but you can certainly (voluntarily) only register 21 or 17 etc - I just did it for my West Ham side - I've only got 2 club trained, and 3 nationally trained players - so just registered 22 in total

25 - (8-5) = 22, and no problems at all. Plus I've still got all my U21's anyway - and about 4 of them are starters in my 1st team!

Archived