Can i put my picture on this year like last year?

That's one way of doing it ..

Here's how I do it:

Download and install Notepad ++. 99% of the problems with this process come about when people use regular NotePad or worse, Word to make the *.xml file. For some reason Notepad doesnt make it executable and Word is just evil and wrong .. :D:thup:

Open NotePad++ and paste this into a new blank document:

<record>
<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>
<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>
<list id="maps">

<record from="X" to="graphics/pictures/person/666/portrait"/>

</list>
</record>

Now get the pic you want to use. Ideally it will be a PNG. But JPEG is fine ..

Rename it to something allinlowercasewithnonumbersorfilenameextension e.g. mymanager

Save it.

Now go back to the NotePad++ window and put in the name were X is. All in lower case, no spaces etc. Do not put the file extension in e.g. mymanager.jpeg. Just 'mymanager'.

You've already found your manager's ID number, just substitute that for 666.

Go to File > Save As >

In the Save As Type, find Extensible Markup Language in the drop down menu. This will create a document called mymanager.xml on your Desktop (ideally).

Now put this, along with your photo in your User Data\graphics\managers directory if you relocated it to somewhere other than the default path. If you haven't got a graphics or managers sub directory already, just create a new folder/s

Where User Data is the path to your folder on your HDD. e.g. E:\User Data\graphics\managers

Now put your mymanager.xml and the image file (mymanager.jpeg or mymanager.png etc) into this folder.

Load up FM, go into preferences, make sure you have the use skin cache box unticked. Confirm. Wait for it to reload the skin, go to your manager profile and enjoy!

If all of this is too much for you, post a link to the image you want to use and I will send you a ZIP ready to extract into the User Data\graphics\managers folder. :thup:

For reference, here is my file:

<record>

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<list id="maps">

<record from="patrick" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394720260/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

• 11 months later...

Archived