CA and PA

Can anyone shed any light on these few questions.

- CA is how good the player actually is, yes?

so how does the CA and the attributes work along side each other?

if the player has a high CA does this mean his stats are really good too?

What about if the players stats are not balanced properly, if a striker has poor finishing composure etc but high penalties and corners, how will that affect how good a player he is?

Will a higher CA win more tackles or score more?

Could it be that a Goalkeeper with a higher CA than all the opposing outfield players will keep a clean sheet regardless of stats and situations?

Is PA Fixed?

What does a PA of 0 mean? he will still play ok won't he

What about some of the players with a minus PA? how is this possible?

Is a player with 50 PA destined to never be better than one with 100? if this is true how surely every player has the potential to be great given the correct training tutoring and experiences

I can't think of any more questions at the minute and I may have contradicted myself or be missing some obvious points. but if anyone has any info i would appreciate feedback.

PA is not fixed as it can come down after a serious injury. A PA of 0 is a random PA and a negative PA is random between two points eg. -10 is between 170 and 200.

Ive always wondered this , for example if in editor you got a player and gave him CA of 200 and PA of 200 , but made his stats all like 2 , would he be good or bad?

After a 2 or 3 weeks the stats will rise to about 13 or 14 or 15 each to correspond with the CA you've given the player. This implies that if you have a certain player in your squad and you dramatically increase the stats of this player without increasing the CA of the player, the stats will drop back after a while to correspond with the CA. The balance of the stats may be different than before though if you've increased only certain stats.

I had a player, a regen, with high PA (I didnt check but he was good) and he had his jaw broken in a pre-season game ahead of his full 1st team debut. Was out for eight weeks, when he returned the physio said that it was now unlikely he would reach his full potential.

Gutted .. was just 18.

PA is not fixed as it can come down after a serious injury.

Urban myth

Ive always wondered this , for example if in editor you got a player and gave him CA of 200 and PA of 200 , but made his stats all like 2 , would he be good or bad?

Maidel is correct in saying that the game will boost his attributes to a certain level.

Can anyone shed any light on these few questions.

- CA is how good the player actually is, yes?

so how does the CA and the attributes work along side each other? Attributes are weighed, and the higher the weighting, the more CA they take up.

if the player has a high CA does this mean his stats are really good too? Yes, for his position at least.

What about if the players stats are not balanced properly, if a striker has poor finishing composure etc but high penalties and corners, how will that affect how good a player he is? Finishing and composure take up high amounts of CA for strikers, penalties and corners don't. This player will probably have a low CA.

Will a higher CA win more tackles or score more? No, CA doesn't affect the ME.

Could it be that a Goalkeeper with a higher CA than all the opposing outfield players will keep a clean sheet regardless of stats and situations? No, see above.

Is PA Fixed? Yes

What does a PA of 0 mean? he will still play ok won't he Random PA

What about some of the players with a minus PA? how is this possible? PA ranges

Is a player with 50 PA destined to never be better than one with 100? No, the player with PA 100 could never make it. if this is true how surely every player has the potential to be great given the correct training tutoring and experiences Need a whole thread to discuss that point.

I can't think of any more questions at the minute and I may have contradicted myself or be missing some obvious points. but if anyone has any info i would appreciate feedback.

After a 2 or 3 weeks the stats will rise to about 13 or 14 or 15 each to correspond with the CA you've given the player. This implies that if you have a certain player in your squad and you dramatically increase the stats of this player without increasing the CA of the player, the stats will drop back after a while to correspond with the CA. The balance of the stats may be different than before though if you've increased only certain stats.

Often happens straight away, but you're wrong about the second point, the attributes can't go up unless others go down or the CA goes down, and it must happen straight away

I had a player, a regen, with high PA (I didnt check but he was good) and he had his jaw broken in a pre-season game ahead of his full 1st team debut. Was out for eight weeks, when he returned the physio said that it was now unlikely he would reach his full potential.

Gutted .. was just 18.

That's because his CA has dropped so low, not because his PA has dropped.

CA is the sum of a player's attributes and does not directly affect performances.

So is this saying if I find a striker with 20 composure,finishing,pace and shooting he will still get me goals even if his CA is something like 115 and PA 140, if this is the case then surely there is no need for the scout reports and you can just look at the players attributes

Gutted .. was just 18.

Thats daft, how would a broken jaw affect a players potential, lazy programming if you ask me

Now if he had of suffered cruciate ligament damage, well thats a different story

So is this saying if I find a striker with 20 composure,finishing,pace and shooting he will still get me goals even if his CA is something like 115 and PA 140, if this is the case then surely there is no need for the scout reports and you can just look at the players attributes

Unless you play the game with attribute masking :)

Also, CA takes the foot strength of players into account so while a player may have 20 finishing and composure he might be absolutely dreadful with his left foot and therefore easier for defenders to defend.

Archived