conceading 2 or 3 goals a game

hey, I'm nearing the end of my 1st season with aston villa, 17th in the league but in semi finals of both uefa and fa cup. i play 4-4-2 , strikers carew and gabby score a lot of goals and i always have just under 60% possesion. most games i lose and i cant seem to do anything to stop conceading. i have a solid defence cueller (accomplished rb) bouma lb davies and caceres cb's, so i dont think its a weak defence but their has to be something i'm missing. any ideas?

p.s its a flat 442 not diamond although barry is playing as the anchor leaving 2nd cm to push forward. wingers are quite attacking but track back.

I suggest, in your next game, look at the goals carefully and see where they came from and what caused them. If you are consistantly conceding goals there is probably a pattern to how they come about. It is hard to reccomend anything when we do not know enough about the goals conceded.

Obviously you don't if you concede 2 or 3 goals a game. Oh and by the way, in my first season, I finished 17th with Villa so you're not alone, Although I did win the League Cup which saved my job.

...what i was trying to say was that it is a defence with the potential to be solid...

Archived