Captain attributes

In a nutshell, what the thread title suggests! What, in your opinion, are the most important attributes to be made captain? Mine is retiring at the and of the season and my vice captain hasn't been worthy of it. Any help is much appreciated.

Influence all the way.

It's not in my opinion, as it is fact, that these are what's needed in a captain:

Influence, Determination, several years at the club, being a first teamer and not being unhappy (although I've had unhappy players captain well for a match or two).

I don't remember, but I would've thought Teamwork and/or Work Rate would be needed too.

So that proves you don't necessarily have to have been at the club a long time to be the captain of it.

It proves that, in real life, Mark Hughes is of the opinion that Robinho, despite only just joining the club, is suitable for captain (or perhaps the others are just so unsuitable).

It doesn't prove that being at the club at least a few years isn't a quality needed in the game, which was created before he was first made captain.

As mentioned, the following attributes are factors that should be considered when selecting your captain. Some have a bigger weight factor than others.

Influence, Determination, Work Rate, Team Work as well as the length of time the player has been at the club. Basically, someone who you can trust and is mentally strong.

Thing is with Man City is they've brought in so many players in the last 18 months they have only 1 or 2 players that could be considered as captain who have been at the club a long time. It is often the case that a captain is a fan favourite and I suppose Robinho is a favourite at Man City.

At most clubs though it is always a player who has been at the club several years and is also a fan favourite, e.g Terry, Gerrard.

It proves that, in real life, Mark Hughes is of the opinion that Robinho, despite only just joining the club, is suitable for captain (or perhaps the others are just so unsuitable).

It doesn't prove that being at the club at least a few years isn't a quality needed in the game, which was created before he was first made captain.

Yeah but you said earlier "several years at the club" which just isn't true. I'm not saying it isn't a quality but you don't have to be at the club for several years to be the captain of it. I've played for my football team for 9 years and I'm vice-captain!

But it is true.

You're confusing me now. You said earlier, base your captain on certain things and then you cam up with a list of thme, one of them in the list was "being at the club for several years" which isn't necessarily a factor as I've already said, Robinho has been captain and I'm sure there are loads more times when this has happened with other players.

And I said:

Archived