where is the editor?????

it would be so much easier if you could just tell him instead of pointing him off to different places.
not just for this exact question but most times when ive seen someone ask a question instead of someone answering it they just say use the search button. its just easier to tell them.

That is because thats what your supposed to do, Then if you cannot find the answer then go to the relevant section and post the question. It's in the rules when you sign up am sure and any mod on here will tell you the same thing. Just imagine if that wasn't the case, You would have the forums all clogged up with the same threads.

yeah but wouldn't it be a lot easier if you couldnt find the actual thread about how to use the, for example, data editor and you ask and all people say is 'use the search button' it gets annoying and tedious. oh and what rules when you sign up i never saw them. :confused:

yeah but wouldn't it be a lot easier if you couldnt find the actual thread about how to use the, for example, data editor and you ask and all people say is 'use the search button' it gets annoying and tedious. oh and what rules when you sign up i never saw them. :confused:

All the rules are listed here.

I get your point but if they have genuinely tried and cant find it then that is fair enough but many people just don't bother and sometimes even create a new thread asking the exact same question that is asked in another thread on the same page and that does certainly irritate a lot of people and rightly so.

By the way the rules are in the house rules forum. The link is at the bottom of the main page. :thup:

EDIT: Just follow the link ahmufcwafc posted above. :D

I think he was talking about Jez ;) Even though he still gave him his answer :D

I'm a man of many contradictions haha

I'm not trying to be intentionally annoying or confusing I just find it amazing that these questions come up time and again even when there's three or four topics with very similar titles asking exactly the same question on the first page of the forum... And I do usually give an answer before the customary (and customised this time) 'Search is your friend' :)

I personally hate it, when people try to educate others about forum usage. Not everyone neccessarily visit here everyday and they may not have enough time to search/seek find out forum structure. If they pay for the game and wants to get help for their problem so they can keep playing it is very understandable that they ask their question right away.

Of course if someone starts posting nasty messages, then mods will deal with it but asking a question which was asked before is not something to be shamed of. You may not like it then better stay away from it, do not make disturbing comments like " go search yourself", etc... hopefully someone will come and kindly answer it.

I personally hate it, when people try to educate others about forum usage. Not everyone neccessarily visit here everyday and they may not have enough time to search/seek find out forum structure. If they pay for the game and wants to get help for their problem so they can keep playing it is very understandable that they ask their question right away.

Of course if someone starts posting nasty messages, then mods will deal with it but asking a question which was asked before is not something to be shamed of. You may not like it then better stay away from it, do not make disturbing comments like " go search yourself", etc... hopefully someone will come and kindly answer it.

I agree to a certain extent. There is no need to be abuse the person if they do it but I think there is nothing wrong in just telling them so they know in the future.

If they regularly do it despite knowing they are not supposed to, then it is up to the mods to deal with it with warnings or whatever.

For example if they are a new poster or something or I never noticed them before then I would just tell them what they wanted to know if I obviously know myself but add on a polite request to search in the future.

Yeah I try to answer when I can but do get a bit sartastic some times!

What we really need is a sticky in bright red with all the repeat questions on it. If only there was away to make people read it after then sign up before they post!

But at the same time imagine how dull our board would be with no repeat questions!

Yeah I try to answer when I can but do get a bit sartastic some times!

What we really need is a sticky in bright red with all the repeat questions on it. If only there was away to make people read it after then sign up before they post!

But at the same time imagine how dull our board would be with no repeat questions!

There would be very few new threads.

Archived