The Patch

I just tried installing the 902 patch. When it completed an error came up and then just went. I cant see the patch anywhere on my PC. I do not think it downloaded. I was downloading it again because I have the patch already instaled on my PC but I cant get it into the game. I click it and press update but an error keeps coming up. Does anyone know how to get it working.

I don't think you understood what I suggested.

First, make sure FM 09 is not running. This means don't have anything related to FM running while trying to install the patch.

Second, run the patch as administrator. Right click on the patch and select "Run As Administrator".

Also, try re-downloading the patch from a different mirror as it could be a corrupted download. Not likely, but if the above doesn't work, then it's worth a shot.

It's something that happened with the first patch as well, more often than not it appears it's downloaded fine just for some reason it doesn't work then eventually...

My advice, check the file - it should be 219MB, if it's not redownload it from Rapidshare, Lespacio or another of the mirrors linked to in the main topic (not any others just to be sure) - if it's fine then restart your computer, run it again, run it again, run it again until it works (if after three attempts the block number doesn't at least change come back here...)

Not sure about this but it worked for the demo patch, so anyway here goes.

If you have a desktop shortcut for fm drag the patch 9.2.0 file into the shortcut and this opens the game with the patch, or in your c drive i believe go to fm.exe and drag it into there this then should copy the patch into the game.

Am I correct?

I need to download the patch again because the one I downloaded encountered a problem.

If you use direct downloads (rapidshare/lespacio etc) make sure you click 'save' and not 'run' when you download it. Also I have not got a clue about this dragging into the fm.exe shortcut - you should just run the downloaded file to install the patch!

Kyle, download the patch from this link; (assuming it's for PC and not Mac)

http://rapidshare.de/files/41170669/FM2009_v9.2.0_Patch_Installer.exe

This link is from the official 9.2.0 release thread. As mentioned, choose to save this file to a place where you can easily and quickly access it from, which for simplistic reasons, you should choose Desktop. After it finishes downloading, run it, and it should all work. Make sure to have nothing else related to FM 09 open before running the patch.

If that doesn't work, then there might be something wrong on your end.

i've downloaded mine via Bit torrent. i get the file downloaded to my desktop, i click in that then go to the update button, nothing on my computer is running FM, it gets half way through and says out of memory, and i know that the 219mb required for the download is available, is this a know problem? or should i download it and then press steam button?

Archived