Possible New Laptop.

Recently my current laptop decided to pack up and it's been sent off to be repaired. This has now happened about 5 times costing me a lot of money, so I decided I wanted to buy a new one, especially with the January sales as they will come down in price. After searching the web, I found one which looks like quite a good one but because I'm not very good with computers I wondered if you guys would be so helpful as to tell me wether this laptop would be good enough for FM. My old laptop was (just about) good enough to play it but I couldn't use the 3D as it was so slow. Now would this laptop be good enough for me to use 3D? Cheers Guys.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5800

Processor Speed: 2 GHZ, 800 MHz, 2MB Cache

Operating system: Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium

Memory: 3 GB

Hard Drive: 250 GB

Optical Drive: DVD-R/W

Memory Type: DDR2

Screen Size: 15.6” Widescreen

Graphics Card: Integrated

Battery Type: 4 cell

Wireless Enabled: Yes

Weight: 2.7Kg

USB Connections: 3

Colour: Blue/Black

What does that mean?

The integrated card will not be that pwerful (am pretty sure anyway). A dedicated card would be better as you could choose a good one like maybe NVIDIA GeForce card or a Radeon card. But the laptops will be a little more expensive. Hopefully someone with a good knowledge and who can explain this better will now step in and explain better...........:D

The integrated card will not be that pwerful (am pretty sure anyway). A dedicated card would be better as you could choose a good one like maybe NVIDIA GeForce card or a Radeon card. But the laptops will be a little more expensive. Hopefully someone with a good knowledge and who can explain this better will now step in and explain better...........:D

Ok I've had a qucik check on the website and the shop recommended this one.

AMD Turion Dual Core Processor RM-70 (1.9GHz, 1600 Mhz, 1MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium

3GB memory

160GB hard drive

15.4" TruBrite Screen Size

ATi Radeon 3100 Graphics card

Built in Webcam

Wireless Enabled with face recognition

Silver/Black Colour

That would be fine,, acer laptops are the best for power and graphic combined. i am being so bias there it is insane

I have an Acer one at the moment and I'm not happy with the amount of times it's broke. So I don't want to buy another Acer.

That graphics card is still integrated but I would bet my money it would be fine to handle the 3D side of FM. The processor and RAM are more than enough so you will be more than safe on that side. What integrated means is it uses resources from the other parts of the computer such as RAM in case it needs to. Dedicated allows the card to completely run off the memory it has, and leaves the RAM and other parts of the computer for the computation part of the process. You can see how integrated would interfere with the running of the game and thus slow things down as you increase the level of intensity on graphics.

That graphics card is still integrated but I would bet my money it would be fine to handle the 3D side of FM. The processor and RAM are more than enough so you will be more than safe on that side. What integrated means is it uses resources from the other parts of the computer such as RAM in case it needs to. Dedicated allows the card to completely run off the memory it has, and leaves the RAM and other parts of the computer for the computation part of the process.

Do you mean this one?

AMD Turion Dual Core Processor RM-70 (1.9GHz, 1600 Mhz, 1MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium

3GB memory

160GB hard drive

15.4" TruBrite Screen Size

ATi Radeon 3100 Graphics card

Built in Webcam

Wireless Enabled with face recognition

Silver/Black Colour

I'm not bothered about their customer service, I just want a laptop lol.

I see your point, I should've explained better mind you, I meant after sale service specifically, I made the mistake of buying my current pc off them and when I got a problem with it a few months ago I phoned them for some help/advice and in a nutshell their helpful advice was 'tough luck, we ain't doing a thing about it for u'. Luckily I have a knowledgable and helpful neighbour who managed to sort it for me.

I see your point, I should've explained better mind you, I meant after sale service specifically, I made the mistake of buying my current pc off them and when I got a problem with it a few months ago I phoned them for some help/advice and in a nutshell their helpful advice was 'tough luck, we ain't doing a thing about it for u'. Luckily I have a knowledgable and helpful neighbour who managed to sort it for me.

Luckily I also have a friend who could help me if it went wrong. I also have a shop by my house which sells and repairs computers/laptops.

Luckily I also have a friend who could help me if it went wrong. I also have a shop by my house which sells and repairs computers/laptops.

Nice one, in that case yeah, if they're offering the best specs at a good price, I'd take it and make sure I stayed in the computer whizz mate's good books.:D

Archived