PARSING ERROR Can anyone Help ?

has anyone seen this error message for fm09 ... " xml parsing error.. not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml " Is this anything to do with the game or settings on my computer.. both new for xmas! i can set up leagues but the message appears as soon as i start a match then the game logs off.. p.s. disappointing to see so many people looking for fixes for this game.!

has anyone seen this error message for fm09 ... " xml parsing error.. not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml " Is this anything to do with the game or settings on my computer.. both new for xmas! i can set up leagues but the message appears as soon as i start a match then the game logs off.. p.s. disappointing to see so many people looking for fixes for this game.!

Have you tried to do a search on the forums? I am pretty sure this has been answered here on numerous occassions. Not sure of the answer though cant remember.

i have also had this problem and have looked at several of the solutions in fixing it and none of them have worked for me

i have the game loaded up through steam and have looked into the sports interactive folder and can not find any settings folder is there a way to perhaps load the game up with out steam as it may then run better????

also i no longer have the disc so is there any way i can download the game directly from the internet and just input my activation code ?????

but mainly i just wish to no a solution for the xml parsing error for highlight and speed as they both come up twice when i try to run a game and is very frustrating i have reached christmas and it wotn allow me to ocntinue playing hte game i have deleted my game in thoughts that maybe it was a corrupt game file btu that was not hte case i then started a new game and i can not play any games now

????

if there is already a thread about this can someone post hte thread here for me please

i have also had this problem and have looked at several of the solutions in fixing it and none of them have worked for me

i have the game loaded up through steam and have looked into the sports interactive folder and can not find any settings folder is there a way to perhaps load the game up with out steam as it may then run better????

also i no longer have the disc so is there any way i can download the game directly from the internet and just input my activation code ?????

but mainly i just wish to no a solution for the xml parsing error for highlight and speed as they both come up twice when i try to run a game and is very frustrating i have reached christmas and it wotn allow me to ocntinue playing hte game i have deleted my game in thoughts that maybe it was a corrupt game file btu that was not hte case i then started a new game and i can not play any games now

????

if there is already a thread about this can someone post hte thread here for me please

At the top there are a few help threads. Also in the tech area section you can also find answers to lots of different problems. Failing that, Use the search function. :thup:

Try the following:

Delete the cache folder for settings:-

XP

1. Open up any folder on your machine. Go Tools > Folder Options > View Tab and tick 'Show hidden files and folders'

2. Go here

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

and delete the settings folder

VISTA

A.

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
  2. When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:
    If you are in the Classic View do the following: Double-click on the Folder Options icon. Click on the View tab.
  3. Go to step 5.

4. If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:Click on the Appearance and Personalization link . Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
  5. Go to step 5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
  6. Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

B. Go here

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

and delete the settings folder

That should stop the parsing error from showing up. I'm assuming you already downloaded it based on your post but if you haven't the suggested remedy for frequent parsing errors is to download Microsoft XML Parser latest version. Do a search as I'm sure links have been posted before (alternatively try google).

Game already running

Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), click the Processes tab, locate the fm.exe process, highlight it and click 'End Process'. You can ignore the stability warnings etc. and press OK. Then start FM again.

Archived