What does a playmaker do and how do I recognize a good one?

In my current season, I'm experimenting with the playmaker instruction. Playing 4132 and I want to channel the attacks from the back through the DMC. I believe a good DMC with good vision and passing skills should be in a better position to initiate an attack than any other player in the squad. To be specific, I don't expect the DMC to be my resident "assist-man" but actually more the one who "controls" from which side the attack should come from. If the opposing wing is empty and your fullback is running into the space, I want the DMC to see it and pass it to them.

To help my team do this, I'm setting him up with playmaker instruction.

A few questions:

- Is this a correct interpretation of what the Playmaker instruction does?

- What skills does a player need to have to do what I want him to do? I'm guessing, the normal stats for DMC plus: high creativitiy, decisions, teamwork.

- are there other player instructions which are sort of incompatible with playmaker? Candidates on my mind are pressing, man-marking.

- are there other player instructions which are considered to be synergetic to playmaker? Candidates on my mind are through balls, passing set to normal, hold up ball.

- how do I recognize in play whether or not it's working?

In my current season, I'm experimenting with the playmaker instruction. Playing 4132 and I want to channel the attacks from the back through the DMC. I believe a good DMC with good vision and passing skills should be in a better position to initiate an attack than any other player in the squad. To be specific, I don't expect the DMC to be my resident "assist-man" but actually more the one who "controls" from which side the attack should come from. If the opposing wing is empty and your fullback is running into the space, I want the DMC to see it and pass it to them.

To help my team do this, I'm setting him up with playmaker instruction.

A few questions:

- Is this a correct interpretation of what the Playmaker instruction does?

- What skills does a player need to have to do what I want him to do? I'm guessing, the normal stats for DMC plus: high creativitiy, decisions, teamwork.

- are there other player instructions which are sort of incompatible with playmaker? Candidates on my mind are pressing, man-marking.

- are there other player instructions which are considered to be synergetic to playmaker? Candidates on my mind are through balls, passing set to normal, hold up ball.

- how do I recognize in play whether or not it's working?

I'd chose a DM, MC or AMC with high first touch, passing, technique, anticipation, creativity and decisions.

I can't remember which of these are visible in the PSP version though.

Passing, technique and creativity are the most important.

Archived