Attributes - ability relation

I wonder what is the relation between player's attributes and ability. For example think about a player whose all of attributes are 20 but his ability is 0 (zero). And think another one whose all of attributes are 0 but his ability is 200. Which one is better? What is the importance of ability (or attributes) ? Which one is more important?

I wonder what is the relation between player's attributes and ability. For example think about a player whose all of attributes are 20 but his ability is 0 (zero). And think another one whose all of attributes are 0 but his ability is 200. Which one is better? What is the importance of ability (or attributes) ? Which one is more important?

CA is a total of points that are distributed for attributes. Every attribute has a different weighting for every position. What matters is that the match engine only uses attributes for its calculations.

So basically your examples are void as a player with current ability of 0 would have every attribute of 0 (not possible anyway) and a player with current ability 200 would have to have these 200 points spread around for attributes.

i have noticed pace and strength attributes mean nothing on this game

Really? Playing as whom?

As Newcastle I noticed Oba Martins can pull away from defenders if he receives the ball alongside them. He can win the ball back at times too as well as hold defenders off (he's got great strength stats). My lighter/weaker players such as N'Zogbia tend to be bundled off the ball if a defender hustles them out of their run.

I think its working well. It can look strange at times though (a striker not being able to get near the ball when a defender is ahead and running after it - as though there is some weird force-field at play!).

CA is a total of points that are distributed for attributes. Every attribute has a different weighting for every position. What matters is that the match engine only uses attributes for its calculations.

So basically your examples are void as a player with current ability of 0 would have every attribute of 0 (not possible anyway) and a player with current ability 200 would have to have these 200 points spread around for attributes.

Then "current ability" is the total number of the "attribute points". Thanks very much.

Then "current ability" is the total number of the "attribute points". Thanks very much.

Basically, but the equations that are used to spread these points around are a bit more complicated. For example, for a striker one point increase in finishing would cost something like four CA points (made up figure, I have no clue what the actual value is) whereas for a defender it would cost nearly nothing. So if a player has CA of 200 it does not mean you'd get 200 if you add up all his attributes. CA points are also used for footedness stats, positional ability etc.

I would have thought it would be 'cheaper' for a striker to have finihsing points than for a defender.

Why would you think that? This would make players totally unbalanced as they'd soon have every important attribute at 20.

Development patterns and CA point weightings are different things you see. A striker is still more likely to develop more at finishing and composure than marking and concentration. If the important stats would cost little then they'd soon go through the roof.

Archived