successful

I agree with Oz 100%. I played the game with generic tactics and got nowhere. I made my own to try and maximise player strengths and got nowhere.

I setup 5 variations of the same tactic and changed only mentalities and have won the league in my first season with no money.

I get the impression from 9.2 that tactics are completely irrelevant and its mentalities that determine if the game calculates you winning or not. I'm almost certainly completely wrong but it seems whenever I change to a set of mentalities in response to the AI's approach, I will immediately regain control of the match and/or score.

If I start with the 'wrong' mentalities, I will conceed and/or lose control of the match immediately.

It seems very finely balanced .. and a little unrealistic.

I still enjoy it though I am really very keen to see this come to an end in FM10 and for tactics to get the much demanded revamp and re-prioritisation in game terms it needs to keep this game from becoming more predictable and easy to manipulate than it already is. :thup:

whats a good mentality away from home grondins?

Its actually more to do with your odds ..

Check out Matt's TTF as a very good plug-n-play set for any team.

Download:http://rapidshare.com/files/177803053/Matts_Tacs_V4_BETA.rar

If you are clear favourites, play attack but be prepared to drop down to standard or even defensive if you are not having min. 50% posession or creating chances.

If underdog or not in good form, missing key players or rotating etc. play defensive.

Also if they are playing counter attacking or narrow etc try defensive anyway as it uses direct passing. You just pick the tactic that best suits how to counter the AI.

If you are down and need a goal or have had an even game and want to try and win it try control.

Think of the control tactic as 'we need a goal, win or lose we got to go for it'. Not as 'just attack generally'.

Make sure you stay on top of OI's and man mark with your DMC (so he needs good aggression, marking, work rate, tackling etc) their playmaker, which is usually the right sided central midfielder or the AMC if they are using one.

With only minor tweaks I won everything with Villarreal. With average/poor players its your players, not the tactics. This set works fine almost everywhere - eventually.

Archived