Why doesn't my keeper dive?

I've signed a young keeper who my scouts think has a lot of potential but he's just done something odd. In a penalty shootout in a Carling Cup match, he faced seven penalties without diving for any of them. The opposition keeper dived for all of them, saving two and knocking my team out.

Antonio Bizzarri

As you can see, he is very young and a bit rough around the edges but is there any particular attributes that might stop him from diving for penalties?

I've yet to see any keeper dive for a penalty for me. I thought it was a known issue, although it's only single penalties; I've yet to be involved in a shoot-out. Maybe someone else will have an answer to that?

Maybe it's a combination of the low Decisions and Work Rate attributes? Compare your keeper to the opposition's keeper and see what he has higher than yours and maybe that will be the answer? I don't know to be honest.

My keeper dives whenever he feels like it for penalties in my game as well. Another area that needs to be looked at for the next patch.

yeah, dafuge, download the new patch and i think your problems will be solved. it has been known for penalty shootouts to go on for ages until a player hits the ball straight. hope this helps

It is with 9.2.0 and it is only my keeper who wasn't diving, the opponent dived for all of them.

I was going to open a thread on this until I did a search.

I just had a shoot out against Portsmouth and lost 5-4. My best taker Ashton missed the first and then Robert Green runs forward about 5 feet for the first and yet doesn't dive for any of the others. Major problem me thinks!! Yes I'm on 9.2.

I would tend to agree with HuwFlet that reflexes play a part.

Also, the very low anticipation would seem to be a problem (maybe the biggest one). If he can't figure out which way the ball is going to go (or at least guess which way), he's just gonna stand there and not do anything.

I had a pen shoot out where my keeper didn't dive at all. I only won becuase of the fact that one shot went wide. Then, in the next one, he didn't dive, but still won, because one penalty went straight, one hit the post and one got blasted over. The other keeper didn't dive either. On single penalties however, he seems to dive.

I had a penalty shoot out in my second season with Celtic (first one i have had in the new game) and my keeper did dive well for nearly all the shots the other team took. I think he didn't dive for only 1 shot so can't complain on that score.

Archived