Transfers

Guys,

One big improvement for me has been ther ability to off load players - This is much better than FM2008. Let me give you examples:

I sold Benayoun, Voronin, Keane and Aurelio for big bucks in my first season. A raft of youngsters were also sold. keane I sold to Chelsea for £27.5m (happy days) and even better Voronin went to Wigan for £6m.

Whilst the ability to sell players has been improved, I think it needs to be tweaked as it is now too easy. Man City seem to bid on everyone as well.

Another problem like FM2008 was that average players go for massive amounts of cash. Whilst I also agree that this can sometimes happen, in my first season, so many average players were going for £15m to £20m. This is unrealistic in todays world as not many GOOD players go for these amounts anymore.

I think it's improved, but it's perhaps a bit unrealistic to expect it to mirror real life (I realist that isn't what the OP is saying). The point raised by the OP is somewhat valid, though. We did have a massive critique of the transfer system in another thread somewhere which was quite a good read I think.

I've only played just over a season on FM09, but transfers do seem to have improved a lot. I haven't noticed any mad transfer fees, but I expect to see some sooner or later because as always money is far too easy to come by in the game. My transfer budget started out as £1.2m and by November of the second season it is up to £40m.

I've only played just over a season on FM09, but transfers do seem to have improved a lot. I haven't noticed any mad transfer fees, but I expect to see some sooner or later because as always money is far too easy to come by in the game. My transfer budget started out as £1.2m and by November of the second season it is up to £40m.

Yes - there's no credit crunch in the FM09 that's for sure!

Archived