Rising Lower League Team Needs Bigger Stadium!

Hi guys, here's the deal:

I'm playing Hayes & Yeading, currently in my 6th season and I've managed to claw my way up to League 1.

I have a major problem with the puny BSS standard stadium (capacity 3,000 or so). I would like to expand but I get a message from the board saying "The Council will never allow planning permission to expand the stadium due to lack of space".

I need an expansion badly because I'm losing out on gate receipts...

My question is: How long will I have to wait until they either expand or build a new stadium?

My Finances are pretty good (8M in the bank - no debts)... Do I need more money??

Just wondering if any of you have had similar experiences bringing a club up from the depths of the conference and into the higher leagues and then hitting a financial brick wall because of the bloody council!

Cheers!

i'm playing gateshead of bsn and i'm in League 2 in 2010

i'm having the same problem

from the hints of the game it said something like

"if you constantly have a full stadium you are likely to have a new stadium"

for your L1 team and such a small stadium i think a new stadium is soon coming :D

cheers

Had to wait to the Championship myself with Fleetwood and their 2500 capacity stadium. Then I got a 18000 all seater and the season after that they expanded it into a 27000 all seater. Had about £3 mill in the bank when they first started building and I now have around £15 million in loans I need to pay, but I have no worries!

Archived