strange news report

After clinching the 26 million pound signing of Berbatov for Man.Utd the following message came up:

Mary the tea lady was pleased with the signing of Berbatov as it will be an extra hand making the tea.

Has anybody else had this? Does this mean that Mary thinks hes only good for a tea boy? Here was me expecting the fans to be pleased with the signing but all i get is that Mary is happy.

Whats that all about?

After clinching the 26 million pound signing of Berbatov for Man.Utd the following message came up:

Mary the tea lady was pleased with the signing of Berbatov as it will be an extra hand making the tea.

Has anybody else had this? Does this mean that Mary thinks hes only good for a tea boy? Here was me expecting the fans to be pleased with the signing but all i get is that Mary is happy.

Whats that all about?

• SI Staff

Ooops ... apologies for that but there is reason in the medness.

If you can forward us your save game file then I'd appreciate it.

Basically the game has done something 'unexpected' during the processing of that transfer - the code I wrote 'recovered' things so you'd never notice apart from the fact I place "humourous"* news messages in such places to ensure that its mentioned on the forums and I hear if anything goes astray.

The problem won't have any effect on your game apart from the one-off display of the rogue message (the transfer system is 'auto-repairing' if something goes wrong and so will have fixed the issue automatically - but it'd be nice to know what it was).

*Debatable icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

PS> That message has been 'hidden' in the game for three versions and this is the first time I've seen it reported ...

PPS> Last time I slipped up and someone found a message like this was with 'half-time' oranges back in CM00-01 ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

PS> That message has been 'hidden' in the game for three versions and this is the first time I've seen it reported ...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is really positive icon_razz.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

ive sorted it Marc and emailed it to you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks - much appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vane:

But it would be a good addition even if it's not saved when you leave match mode. When you're playing in fast or very fast mode, red cards flash by without a chance of seeing what it was for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that is true. Sometimes I could swear at the start of a game it says "_________ will be happy with defeat"

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vane:

But it would be a good addition even if it's not saved when you leave match mode. When you're playing in fast or very fast mode, red cards flash by without a chance of seeing what it was for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats eminently possible - you probably aren't aware but the match reports 'used' to be present but were disabled during development because we couldn't compress them down enough to fit on a save game ..

No promises, but it is something we can look at (I don't know if the code is still present for it or not for starters).

Archived