Dumbest AI transfer policies?

The AI in FM09 seem to have really stupid transfer policies.

For example Sevilla bought Giovinco for 6 million, then transfer listed him for 3.8 million a month later. :confused: Good for me though, Giovinco assisted in his first game and scored the second for my Benfica team. :D

Also Porto had like 10 players from loan come back and then about 5 youth team players promoted. They then went on to buy 4-5 more players, and only sold 1 player and that was on a free. :p

This just seems a bit weird lol. Should this be reported in bugs? Selling for a loss after playing 0 games, and having 40 man squads just doesn't seem right.

I don't think you saw the point lol.

Sevilla bought him for 6 million, he stays for 1 month plays no official games, then Sevilla sold him for 3.8 million.

It's like buying a car for 20,000, saying it sucks without driving it, and selling it a week later for 15,000.

I don't think you saw the point lol.

Sevilla bought him for 6 million, he stays for 1 month plays no official games, then Sevilla sold him for 3.8 million.

It's like buying a car for 20,000, saying it sucks without driving it, and selling it a week later for 15,000.

Ohh right. Sorry I am completely slat faced. :)

Well, someone posted up about Robinho being bought and sold continually for insane sums of cash despite averging sixes, so I guess its a symptom of the same issue?

Man United signed Helder Barbosa for 5.5m (hes pretty good on my game). At one point they had only a poor 17 year old or Barbosa to choose from and the chose the 17 year old :S. He ended up playing 0 games for Man United in 2 seasons and was then sold onto Athletico Madrid where hes playing pretty well.

Craig Gordan at sunderland, best avg rating in the team, played every game had four years left on his contract worth 6/7 million £, was transfer listed, NOT by request with an asking price of £0. I did of course sign him!

PS that was on the 9.1 patch

These are the most unrealistic issues with the transfers in FM09, in my opinion:

1. Teams do not care for talents.

They free transfer potential super stars, no matter how good they are. They do not (or at least - rarely) buy any young players for their youth-teams. And you can buy any "-9" or "-10" youth player off any team for coffee money. Fact is, they seem happy to sell them to you.

2. Man Citys spending spree.

They will buy any mediocre player for any price. Then they will sell that player to another team for next to nothing a year later. And to make it even more ********, they will buy back the very same struggling player for any price yet another year later.

3. Whatever is going on in MLS

A team sign a talent, releases him after two days, another team pick him up and releases him yet another day later. Repeat in omne tempus. Teams release healthy international players with good reputation and ability without any logical reason.

I must say, of all the versions of FM and CM I have played, FM09 has the stupidest transfer AI of them all. Although I am happy it is much easier to sell players than it was in FM08.

Edit: To be fair, there are things that I do appreciate with the transfers in FM09. For example, Swedish teams no longer seems to buy 15 south americans each every season.

I sold Leo the Brazilian DC to Real Madrid for £30 million after no games they loaned him to Udinese and then sold him to them at the end of the season for £3.3 million. I also sold a regen to them for £28 million and they transfer listed him after no games for £9 million, he never played for 3 seasons and is just starting to play a few games a season now.

I think I have seen these kind of stupid behaviour from clubs in real life as well. some examples are; Chelsea bought Scheva for big money and let him go almost empty handed. Real Madrid each season spend over 10 million for multiple players and some of them are released soon with much lower price tag. I guess SI tried to simulate these bad decisions for the rich clubs. Obviously sometimes it looks too silly to bear but who can claim everything in real life is smart.

R.Madrid paid 44.5m for a player called Dennis Naki and he has only played 5 games in two season.Also i had him scouted and he was only a decent player

That a lot of money, but if you mean Deniz Naki I think the problem is the quality of your scout rather than his potential. He is considered to be talented in real life.

Im pretty sure theres not a lot of provision in the AI transfer policies for taking into account past actions. So buying a player for twice the amount you sell him on for 2 months later doesnt ring any alarm bells as long as it the transfer "makes sense" at the time with no referencing the past.

Whereas in real life youd be stoned to death.

In FM08 it used to annoy me that a very old player who'd played at the top level (e.g. a 36 year old Lionel Messi) would often sign for a lower league club on reasonable wages for that level, say £2000, and not play a single game. That used to bug me. It'd be a shame if that sort of thing is still in FM09.

In both of my games the AM C Diego has had big money moves to English clubs (Arsenal and Man City), played less than 5 games in the season, then been ranked as 'Backup' for a couple of years and not playing at all. Despite being a brilliant player.

And don't even get me on to AI resales at below price paid... :(

Archived