Screen goes blank on mac powerbook g4

Hi guys need your help.

I have a Mac PB G4 1.5GHz processor with 768 MB DDR SDRAM. My graphics chipset model is GeForce FX Go5200 and vendor is nVIDIA (0x10de) with Mac OS X 10.4.11 and i just downloaded the FM 09 patch 9.2.0 hoping to solve my problems.

I have successfully downloaded and installed both the game and the patch but when i open the game the screen goes black then turns white and then nothing happens. The mouse icon changes to a football and then whilst the game is running with a blank screen i can move the mouse arrow and it appears that the game is running as the mouse arrow changes to a hand at certain areas of the screen. I can only describe it as the game has put the curtains up and i know the game is in but i just cant access it. The only way to leave the game is by force quit.

Any help is greatly needed as im starting to have withdrawal symptoms - HELPPP MEEEEEE PLEAASSSEEE!!!

Well, people have reported it working on Leopard PPC but SI's certainly not supporting it. Which is annoying, as I'd like to play it on my laptop but have to settle for FM08 on this and FM09 on a PC.

Front of box has Universal Binary on it, rear system requirements explicitly state Intel only.

So just an oversight. Sadly - no PPC.

Be interesting if you tried for a refund as google seems to suggest Software is not 'tangible goods' and EU law was proposed to make exception for it, but I didnt see any follow up on that ..

Archived