International Call Ups

If anyone can recall gabriel agbonlahor was being linked with a cap for scotland before due to a link between him and his grandparents or something yet you can't give him the opportunity to play for Scotland.

Should this be sorted in Fm 09 so you can offer players a chance to choose their 2nd nation over there first ?

You CAN do that, it's just that (I assume) Gabby is not down as being half-Scottish in the game orhe had another nation as his 2nd nationality. There is no option to have three - so maybe that should be your wish?

Well i know you can get players that gain nationallity through certain days spent in that country, so yes you could say a third nationality maybe a hidden one though that you would have to have a world class scout look deeply into finding it rather than just looking at him and saying ill call him up

Guest mikeytwigge

the only reason you cant call agbonlahor up for scotland is he is already declred for england. He said ages ago that he wouldnt play for scotland or nigeria

just because he has said doesnt mean you shouldn't chance your luck in getting him in my game hes only been capped 6 times by u21 and im not sure when he had those caps. But its like larsson declaring retired hes came back twice because he says doesn't mean it can't happen

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Realllllllly? I've never experienced it. If someone could post an example - I'd be very interested to see it icon_smile.gif

definitely is, i have a regen born in mexico city who qualified for both the mexican and brazilian national teams, and had been bought by a spanish team and trained there long enough for spanish nationality as well. of course i was the brazilian national team manager at the time so yoinked him right up and capped him for brazil icon_razz.gif

Guest mikeytwigge

know but they ticked the declared for nation box in the editor so thats why he cant offer him the chance

Originally posted by AB-forever:

And doesn't Giovani dos Santos have Brazilian and Spanish nationality aswell as Mexican?

Aye his father is a Brasillian legend and his mother mexican but hes been in spain so long i think he has a passport.

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Realllllllly? I've never experienced it. If someone could post an example - I'd be very interested to see it icon_smile.gif

I think Senderos has Serbian and Spanish nationality in addition to Swiss due to his parents.

Archived