Transfer Budgets??

What happened to transfer budgets?

Got this game for Christmas, started as Derby in the first game. Only got £3million to spend.

Fair enough I thought, nothing much wrong with that. It's lower than the FM08 budget but hey-ho, we've signed a few players already.

Then just to test something out, I started a new game as both Man Utd, and then Man City. At Man Utd I got a transfer budget of £10m and at Man City £5m.

What's up with that? My manager experience is "International Footballer". I've only reached December in my Derby game, so is more money given to you in January? What about for Man Utd and Man City? I doubt you'd seriously get that little in reality.

Imagine how much money these teams spent during summer 2009 before the game starts. "In reality", you should be starting with transfer budgets disabled, then every team will have a better chance of starting the season with the same squad that they did in real life.

Hi everyone

I am currently playing as Man City and every couple months the chairman provides a cash injection but the transfer budget remains unaffected any ideas why?

I have already done budget adjustments to increase transfer funds but i have no money left and am just approaching the transfer window.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi everyone

I am currently playing as Man City and every couple months the chairman provides a cash injection but the transfer budget remains unaffected any ideas why?

I have already done budget adjustments to increase transfer funds but i have no money left and am just approaching the transfer window.

Any help would be appreciated

He's increasing the clubs coffers not necessarily the transfer budget.

Archived