badluck

What game can you remember having the worse luck in?

I just played chelsea and they scored off 30 yard free kick deflected off the wall, flukey but thats football. Then they get a pen. hard to believe because im at home and its the 3rd pen in as many games against me. My team equals it up only to have both my strikers injured. Then 10 mins to go i score an own goal and to make matters worse 1 of my players gets a red card and to rub it into my face, last minute of injury time my player hits the post.

What game can you remember having the worse luck in?

I just played chelsea and they scored off 30 yard free kick deflected off the wall, flukey but thats football. Then they get a pen. hard to believe because im at home and its the 3rd pen in as many games against me. My team equals it up only to have both my strikers injured. Then 10 mins to go i score an own goal and to make matters worse 1 of my players gets a red card and to rub it into my face, last minute of injury time my player hits the post.

Dunno about my worst game but I remember one of my luckiest being not so long ago. I was Liverpool playing at home against Derby. They took the lead quite early on then defended for their lives. Then just before half time, Robbie Savage gets himself sent off, then another player argues with the ref and gets a 2nd yellow. 5 mins into the 2nd half I hit a shot from way out and hit the post, off the keeper and back in, then 2 mins from end of game Pennant puts a cross in which is deflected past his own keeper by one of the Derby defenders. Game finished 2-1 to me, Derby ended with 9 men and conceeded 2 OG's. That's life lol.

I don't remember having a bad luck game, but for some reason, I always have 5-6 players injured during training every year and combined with those injuries during matches + suspensions, I had to once field a lineup full of reserve players except the goalkeeper icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Not bad luck for me, but I looked at an early F.A Cup game in my game (Qual Rounds) - and 1 guy missed 4 penalties in the game, and then got sent off. The team still won, but for him, it was a bad day. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of Jon Woodgate at Real Madrid. Large transfer fee, long time out injured waiting for his debut and when he finally makes his first appearence.....scores an own goal and then gets sent off. haha!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nojabold:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Not bad luck for me, but I looked at an early F.A Cup game in my game (Qual Rounds) - and 1 guy missed 4 penalties in the game, and then got sent off. The team still won, but for him, it was a bad day. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of Jon Woodgate at Real Madrid. Large transfer fee, long time out injured waiting for his debut and when he finally makes his first appearence.....scores an own goal and then gets sent off. haha!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't he actually score for Real Madrid in that game too though?

My memory of games is quickly replaced by memories of more recent ones so yesterday's defeat for Fiorentina at Empoli obviously sticks in my mind. They had 1 shot on goal the entire game, whilst we dominated throughout, had 18 shots on goal and lost 1-0. Oh well, good luck to 'em, I'd had some jammy results myself too - most notably Valencia 2-2 Fiorentina a couple of years back in the UEFA cup when we got absolutely humiliated by Valencia's total and utter domination, but we managed to get up the other end twice and score somehow!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

My memory of games is quickly replaced by memories of more recent ones so yesterday's defeat for Fiorentina at Empoli obviously sticks in my mind. They had 1 shot on goal the entire game, whilst we dominated throughout, had 18 shots on goal and lost 1-0. Oh well, good luck to 'em, I'd had some jammy results myself too - most notably Valencia 2-2 Fiorentina a couple of years back in the UEFA cup when we got absolutely humiliated by Valencia's total and utter domination, but we managed to get up the other end twice and score somehow! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats nothing. I've seen a screen shot on here of a guy who lost 3-0 to a team that had 1 shot, which was off target. No own goals were scored. Amazing.

Archived