wages

Most of talk I see is about transfer budgets, but that's not my problem.

I took over Oxford United and brought in a lot of new players. Didn't spent much money on players - most of them are Europeans who didn't have a club - but I'm obviously having to pay their wages. And a lot of players previously on £50 or £200 a week are asking for £1,000 or more when their contracts come up.

So, although my wages are shown as £18,000 against a budget of £19,000 I'm showing as being over my wage budget. I presume this isn't a bug, but because when the new contracts kick in I'll be well over my wage budget.

We're fifth in the table with five games to go so there's still a chance for promotion, which I'd hope would see the wage budget go up a bit, but I really need to get my wages down.

In January I tried to offload some players, but only a few clubs bid and offered me ludicrously low sums of money for the players they wanted, then closed negotiations when I asked for more.

So, how should I get my wage budget down? List players for loan and ask for contributions to their wages? Or should I release some players, even though that costs money? What effect does it actually have on me if I, say, release a player and end up having to pay £30,000 or so to get rid of them?

I guess I should wait until the end of the season and see how things look then.

what you can do mate is try and get a good parent club from the premiership and they will definetly send some very good players out to you without you having to pay a penny of their wages. you can bring them in on loan for a season and see how they go. plus, the good thing about a parent club is that they give you money at the end of the season plus when you are in pre season, they will 100% accept a friendly and this will help your club generate some revenue and sort out any financial situations.

Archived