Offloading players - help please

I've developed a big squad. Although I can afford to keep them wage wise, it does seem silly to have 12 centre backs (etc.)

I try selling them, and no-one wants them, even on free. Have set them to "not needed" and still can't get them out. Many won't go on loan to anyone.

Won't accept mutual, and release on free seems a waste of cash.

Does anyone have any ideas?

(I am AFC Wimbledon, in BSP)

Does anyone have any ideas?

(I am AFC Wimbledon, in BSP)

Why did you get such a big squad in the first place?

Any way, since you are i nthe BSP, loaning them out will be difficult. Try to sell them for something, offer them to clubs.

Won't accept mutual, and release on free seems a waste of cash.

But so is your money on there wages if you don't play them.

You bought 12 centrebacks for a club in the lowest division in the game and you're wondering why you can't affload them? :)

If they aren't good enough to play for you, nobody else is going to want them!

Perhaps you need to be a bit more prudent with your spending next time...

There isn't much you can do, you can either release them now and spend money that will instantly hit your bank balance or you can leave them to rot in the reserves until their contracts expire and just incorporate their wages into the monthly budget.

I ended up with loads because they were all on frees and have wages of about £90, and I couldn't really tell the difference between them. Crap excuse but thats why. Still can't tell which are better, so starting to try selling them, but am going to end up with some unhappy campers.

And I also got promoted with a few of them on long deals. (BSP is not the lowest league :-) )

Going for promotion to the league this season!

I am Wrexham in the BSP and have just had to offload alot of players on higher wages due to finances!

I placed on transfer list and then offered out at players value. I found it easy to sell them at the start of the season.

Also during the season i loaned out a few to save 50% wages by just offering out for loan.

Hope this helps.

I was like that (albeit not quite to the same extreme) with my first go. I was in the Scottish Third Division and had a huge squad of around 35 players, i had 3 or 4 players for each position etc.

It's not my fault, there were too many bargains i couldn't refuse. :)

It's easy to get like that at that level because so many players can be bought on frees. At higher divisions there isn't usually the same possibilities.

Fortunately i managed to sell my players on and made a tidy profit doing so.

Archived