Player Meetings

Just had an idea for something new in the next Football Manager.

Instead of having just a problem symbol showing up against your player in the team list and having to click onto him to see what the problem is, why not have an option to arrange a meeting with a player in your office to discuss it further much like a press conference except you ask the questions to the player to help fix the problem, it would give you more interaction with the players and will increase you popularity with the player if you can help resolve his problem. Also their should be new mail messages that notify you when a player has a problem and when he requests a meeting with you.

I know that this may sound like just another boring inclusion into the game (press conferences get boring fast) but just imagine having the ability to ask questions to a player and find out what he is thinking and if he is happy. You could also include the current interaction questions like potential signings and tutoring. I know i would love to hear feedback from my players.

I missed this thread earlier...After reading your original post, i like the idea, maybe it would be a bit difficult, unless the questions you can ask are already implemented into the game, and unique to each personal problem. So all-in-all i can see it working.

PR = public relations, not problem ;)

As for the idea, I think you get it right in your second paragraph when you say it might function as 'well' as the press conferences.

Yeah sorry i just noticed that I put PR, my mistake.

I would love this idea as I want more indepth interaction with my players. After a few season and when the team is one Ive built I like it to be like a family. Really strong bonds and people working together well so this would allow me to ask each player how they feel and so forth. Would be pretty good as there are some manager that rely on motivation and the mental side of the game.

It's a nice idea that sounds simple but is probably enormously complicated to programme. Already we have interactions like team talks and press conferences that are frustrating due to the limited options and repetition. If these can be improved, maybe SI can bring the lessons they learned there to your idea.

Archived