Digital Download FM2009: Links Please?

Smac

I remember this from last year as well. How about some links scattered about to the effect of "Download FM2009 now!". I find none on the homepage, here, etc.. Eventually I'll figure out where to get the game, but wouldn't it make some sense for these kind of links to be prominent everywhere? I'm no marketing genius, but lots of patch/problem links, and no sales link.......

Or should I take this as a warning sign? (not that I would).

For instance, the most likely candidate for downloading the game: http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=1306

Fail. Try again!

Think the only digital download this year is via Steam, you can get the links for that from the FM 09 site (footballmanager.com), left hand side of the screen says BUY NOW! :p

Nothing on my screen that says "BUY NOW!". Maybe I've adblocked it. :)

Steam Account Setup: "Your account creation request failed, please try again later."

LOL.

Lol, says it all to do with Steam tbh mate, I have read quite a lot of stuff on here about them since release and, for the most part, they don't come off in a good light, if at all possible I would get down the shops :thup:

Think the only digital download this year is via Steam, you can get the links for that from the FM 09 site (footballmanager.com), left hand side of the screen says BUY NOW! :p
Lol, says it all to do with Steam tbh mate, I have read quite a lot of stuff on here about them since release and, for the most part, they don't come off in a good light, if at all possible I would get down the shops :thup:

Hey mate, wish I were in Somerset (or Sussex, for that matter), but here in the states the shopkeepers say: "WTF is FM? Soccer? Eh? Wot?". So I download every year.

To be fair to Steam, I've had friends who've reported liking the service, but its ironic that it won't set up for me, just when I'm having a moan @ the link-ability of the download.

Thanks to above for alternative links.

Hey mate, wish I were in Somerset (or Sussex, for that matter), but here in the states the shopkeepers say: "WTF is FM? Soccer? Eh? Wot?". So I download every year.

To be fair to Steam, I've had friends who've reported liking the service, but its ironic that it won't set up for me, just when I'm having a moan @ the link-ability of the download.

Thanks to above for alternative links.

Fair play mate, shame you gotta live in an football deprived country :p Says a lot for a place when someone says they wish they were in Somerset too

Good on ahmufcwafc for sorting things out too :thup:

Glad someone's got more a finger on the pulse than me lol

Yeah its all good but those links are for Football Manager 2009 whereas surely in America its World Wide Soccer Manager 2009? I dont know if fm2009 will activate in america or if it needs to wwsm2009?

Anyone have a clearer idea than me?

I remember that last year there was some issue about certain versions being available for activation in only certain areas. Not sure about this year. Am downloading currently from Gamersgate (FM, I think, but we'll see!). Thanks again.

Yeah its all good but those links are for Football Manager 2009 whereas surely in America its World Wide Soccer Manager 2009? I dont know if fm2009 will activate in america or if it needs to wwsm2009?

Anyone have a clearer idea than me?

I don't think you have to activate if you buy the digital download version of the game, do you?

Archived