In FM10 how about letting the player control his favoured clubs?

Bugs me how if I resign from a favourite club, they are removed from my profile.

Likewise I am not able to pick up any new ones manually or randomly it seems ..

Kinda sucks how Legends and Icons don't work as well.

One of the most important things in the game is the ability to have a 'career' and role play to an extent ..

How would you implement it into the game? The only way I can think of is for a message to appear asking "Do you want Team X to become one of your favourite clubs?" and with you having a "yes" and a "No" button, which just sounds stupid and silly, but that's the only way I can think of.

Or having an option out of the way in a drop-down menu somewhere to add clubs to a favoured/disliked clubs during the game. It'd have to do something more worthwhile than what it currently does imo though, otherwise it isn't worth the time it'd probably take them to implement it.

Or having an option out of the way in a drop-down menu somewhere to add clubs to a favoured/disliked clubs during the game. It'd have to do something more worthwhile than what it currently does imo though, otherwise it isn't worth the time it'd probably take them to implement it.

Ah, now that's an idea. Better than what I came up with anyhow.

How would it really work though? If it's going to be free reign over which clubs it'd be a bit useless I'd have thought. You can't really be Rangers manager then suddenly add Celtic as a favourite club, for example. And of course the fans/board wouldn't react as how the hell would they know who're your new favourite teams if you don't say anything?

You should get the opportunity to confirm a team as one of your favourites through decent press conferences.

Now that is a great idea ..

I'd like joining and leaving and speculation 'emergency' press conferences to be called. During which you could be asked questions to that end which change your profile. Are you sad to be leaving, do you think you'll ever be back, how do you feel about the fans, is there more to it etc etc etc.

How would it really work though? If it's going to be free reign over which clubs it'd be a bit useless I'd have thought. You can't really be Rangers manager then suddenly add Celtic as a favourite club, for example. And of course the fans/board wouldn't react as how the hell would they know who're your new favourite teams if you don't say anything?

No you should only be able to get the chance to put a team you've worked at as one of you're favourite clubs.

Archived