club stature problem

I did a quick search, but couldn't find any recent threads on this.

This is what I've managed so far, playing as Bari:

08-09: 4th in the Serie B, promoted through playoffs

09-10: 12th in the Serie A, everything was looking good

10-11: 7th place, clinched a UEFA Cup spot, but the board started making remarks about our stature

11-12: breakout season! 5th in the league, but we won both the Italian Cup and the Uefa Cup! Everyone's delighted, we are getting rich, but stature doesn't seem to be improving. Average attendance is down from 15500 to 13300

12-13: I'm currently in March. We are 4th in the league and still in the UEFA Cup after knocking out Spartak Moscow and Marseille. We have a great, succesful young team, the future's bright, but still... average attendance is still dropping and the board are concerned that the club is not being held in the same regard as before I took charge.

Any ideas about what the heck is going on? Would it help I signed a big name?

i was wondering a similar thing, im managing Reading, now in the premiership and despite never finishing above 4th in the prem, we are back to back champs league champions twice through penalties, but still the season ticket sales just fall and fall and fall, average attendance isnt so bad but some games are pretty dire, obviously the chelseas and arsenals fills the stadium but then its like half full for west brom and bolton etc

will it change over time? like acquiring a new fanbase in the younger generations will gradually gain you more fans? or...?

I had this problem in my old save where I was Celtic manager and got the Man U job, I think it's caused when you have a manager reputation as continental or lower and get a job at a club with worldwide reputation, so I think the only solution is to win trophies to increase your manager reputation to match the rep of your club.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got this problem too. I'm Darlington in the Premiership, promoted up the leagues from L2 but now it says that "the club's stature is being tarnished by the team's performance on the pitch since I took charge." I'm doing ok, about mid table which is what was asked of me. they loved me and then it just changed.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Perhaps its too much success too soon? I'm at Stoke and have lived within my means for years and made slow progress, now I sell-out my 60,000 seater regularly and the club are happy with the increase in stature. Definitely seems bugged out for you, which patch did you start your game on?

Test game with Partick Thistle:

Attendances (from editor):

Start of game: average: 2850, min: 1200, max: 16'000

Season 1: average 3030, min: 1200, max: 16180 (in-game average: 3307)

Season 2: average: 3558, min: 1200, max: 16180 (in-game average: 3741)

Season 3 SPL: average: 3913, min: 1200, max: 16180 (in-game average: 8881) Uefa cup final

Season 4 SPL: average: 4112, min: 1200, max: 16180 (in-game average: 8061) Uefa cup winner

Season 5 SPL: average: 6440, min: 1200, max: 16440 (in game average: 8890) CL

I think attendances are also very much affected by tranfer activities; in this game I used to swap good regens with editor, therefore never signed a single player.

Other tests with Championship and League 1 teams went better, but I'm not so sure things are going the right way with attendances.

Nevermind, in a few weeks I'll start a proper game and won't mind about attendances.

This is a strange problem.I'm with Vicenza in Italy and took the from lower half Serie B to European Places in Serie A and the board are "delighted with the increase in stature of the club since I took charge".

This took about 7 years though.So maybe as above since you did it fast it's some sort of bug.Go to the bugs forum.

Also attendances always increased as I improved and the stadium is packed.Now I need a new stadium.

In my experience, Club reputation doesn't work right. I'm a numbers geek so I use in-game editors as a "view only" tool because I enjoy seeing things like the Club Rep and average attendance rise. However in my game as Celtic, which I think start with a higher rep than Rangers (or at least equal), after 2 years in a row of winning the league, winning both Scottish cups, and progressing farther in Europe than Rangers, they started with a higher club reputation in the third season.

I'm sure there are many things coded into the system that I could agree with that would raise the reputation of Rangers, but if, on the field, Celtic continue to best them, I don't see any reasonable explanation for them to have a higher reputation.

What's the point in club stature? We didn't have it in previous games. Does it have a practical use such as helping you get better players?

It looks to me as if it's just there for show rather than actually doing anything.

What's the point in club stature? We didn't have it in previous games. Does it have a practical use such as helping you get better players?

It looks to me as if it's just there for show rather than actually doing anything.

It's always been in the game. It's was called reputation in the editor. It was made so lower team had a limit of quality players they can sign to keep it realistic.

It's always been in the game. It's was called reputation in the editor. It was made so lower team had a limit of quality players they can sign to keep it realistic.

Oh, so it's the new way of telling us our rep. Thanks. I never normally look at it. It's at good just now and I'm top of the league.

Archived